Thread: ls2 car with ls3 throttle body

Tuner in Training

ls2 car with ls3 throttle body

Had a 2006 corvette come in that someone swapped a crate LS3 into. Guy had troubles with 1516 codes, had the gold blade ls3 throttle body on it. Obviously a problem. I switched to a silver blade ls2 and the code is gone. Thought all would be ok. Guy calls someone that tells him that the gold blade will work if there is some programming changes made. I know that the gold ls3 will not work on gen3, but can it work on a LS2 originally silver blade?

Use the silver blade. It's a better throttle. I've never gotten a gold blade to work because of issues with the TAC module which cannot be edited.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    I did use silver and it was perfect. Guy wants his gold back on because he called __________ who is a big deal and was told that it could be done and I do not know how to. So.....I will throw his gold back on per his request and let him go have 1516 codes........and......you said TAC module. No TAC on a c6, you mean internal to the pcm tac module? I do know that this can't be done on c5 cars.

Clearly the guy is smarter than all of us.

He has "people" to back him on it too.............

2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I heard that the gold TB's rotate in the opposite direction and can't be used with LS2 and LS1 computers......

Tuner in Training
    So....I was just checking to see if someone out there knew something that I did not. As far as I can tell, I would theoretically have to flash the pcm to an LS3 vette O.S. that itself would lend hand to a litany of other issues with the remainder of the car.

I have an Ls3 with gold blade throttle body running an E67 from a Trailblazer SS and the Trailblazer pedal. I have no codes. Not sure what was done to the tune by Speartech.

Tuner in Training
    tbss and trucks will work for sure

Senior Tuner
    DSteck is right, the TAC module does still exist...it's internal to the PCM, and you can't reflash it unless you use GM's system...and even then you can't edit it, or pick and choose what you flash to it.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Thanks to everyone who chimed in. Guy came in and had the gold tb put back on. His car is a huge mess constantly throwing a p2544. The gold blade tolerates that error, but throws a 1516 at larger throttle openings. The silver blade goes reduced engine power with the p2544 unless traction control is turned off. Told him to go home and find his problem since he doesn't want to pay for troubleshooting. Once he finds the issue, I told him that the silver blade will be back on for sure....