Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 hhr w/ sc and bosch 42lb green giant's not fueling

Tuner in Training
    was this for supercharged as well?

its the maf that was in your tune i just added 5% to it so you should get some more fuel to it try it once and let me know if its any better

Tuner in Training
    MAF table maxes out at 529.10943..... dafuq?

dont know why it was that high heres the up dated maf i apologize for that my mistake

maf.xlsx

Tuner in Training
    I'll get a log in a little bit and check back .Thank you for the help .

Quote Originally Posted by kissmy05ss View Post
    I'm at the point where I would like to tune it MAF only. I've read there are tricks to still read boost levels above the stock MAP sensors. But, it doesn't seem worth it at this point. It's hard to find info on tuning these ecm's. Anything else I have had no problems getting the info needed, when I got hung up.
    A lot of this is because the VVE gets scary for some people. Then some people figure it out and don't want to give away their hard work. I have no problem sharing but I have no experience with boost yet. I'm still missing a couple parts for my SC build. If you want to read higher than 120kPa you need to upgrade your MAP sensor even with a stock LSJ one and recalibrate your MAP offset/etc... The thing about the MAP is even if you go with a MAF only tune, your timing tables are still using MAP values. It's giving you the same spark advance at 250kPa as it is at 120kPA with your current setup.
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

i did my 2009 2.2 with a bnr 2871 maf only and a 2005 ss sc maf only with no timing issues at all

Tuner in Training
    That was still maxing the table out.

I started back from stock and added .1 lb/min across the board. Afr was adjusting exactly how I wanted .Then, the car progressively started idling worse. Got a misfire code. Pulled the plugs .#4 closed the gap .Ran a compression test .1-120psi, 2-180psi, 3-150psi, 4-90psi.

Car was brought to me with no coolant. So, we will continue after building and swinging an engine .

Tuner in Training
    That build was fun. You know there are no aftermarket cams for this year? Luckily I got help from zzp to machine, what he sent me, to fit.

So, there's a new problem. Noticed the map sensor is reading backwards. Almost, maxing out at idle. And, reducing as throttle is increased. So, I threw a 4 bar map in. Same problem. I'll get a log posted tomorrow.

post a log and tune. you dont really need a 4 bar map for the m62 but the ss 2.5 bar would be better

Tuner in Training
    This is a plug and play sensor though. Out of a '11 regal gs. http://zzperformance.com/ecotec/elec...ap-sensor.html

I'll have a log tomorrow. Tied up for the day. And the tune just started back from scratch. Only changes are for map sensors and fuel injectors.

still be nice to see the tune thought just to dubble check things that where changed

also check the wiring at the map and get a pin out of the harness for the map and and the map sensor and just make sure its wired right

Tuner in Training
    The wiring is good. I've been through the harness. This car was perfect when he brought it to me.....Except the fact it had no coolant!!!!!!!!!

This is just a quick idle log, with a little throttle. Didn't spend much time setting up the config.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    working with a similar build, please keep posting your results