Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 hhr w/ sc and bosch 42lb green giant's not fueling

Tuner in Training

2008 hhr w/ sc and bosch 42lb green giant's not fueling

I put a supercharger on a 2008 hhr 2.2 l61. Installed bosch 42lb injectors. Adjusted injector flow rate from tested pressure of 43.5. Calculated to what it should be at 58psi. 43.5/58, square root * tested flow of 42. Commanded eq ratio to be 11.5 afr power enrichment.

Normal driving the car hesitates and leans out past 17:1. Injector duty was showing 0 at those points. Only got a log at idle, touching the throttle a little. Didn't save the driving log. I'm pretty frustrated with it. I've had enough fun trying to get the virtual ve tuning started with the blue cat tool. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

hhr 42lb not fueling.hplkeith smith sc 2.9 42lb.hpt

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kissmy05ss View Post
    I put a supercharger on a 2008 hhr 2.2 l61. Installed bosch 42lb injectors. Adjusted injector flow rate from tested pressure of 43.5. Calculated to what it should be at 58psi. 43.5/58, square root * tested flow of 42.
    You've put the pressures the wrong way around... should be square root of (58/43.5) * tested flow.

Tuner in Training
    That's what I did. Just didn't type it out correctly .

The first thing I'm noticing is that your MAF table seems really low.
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Tuner in Training
    Turned closed loop off through vcm controls in the scanner. It's a more drivable.

Other problem is, when I use the blue cat tool to build the virtual ve table I can't paste from the scanner ve histogram. Can't find enough info on it .

on my 09 cobalt 2.2 turbo and a 05 s3 ss sc cobalt i do maf only especially with the way the ve tables are set up on 08 and up ecms

As I said before your MAF table is too low, and this tune is set up as a MAF only tune.

like he said maf is way off Screenshot (42).png

Tuner in Training
    after tuning ve and maf. Everything went much better today. Closed loop, got it where it needed to be. Open loop went just as smooth. Put everything back and it falls on its face after a couple minutes. And, isn't going into pe like i think I had it set. Would you guys mind combing it over? There has to be something I missed or got backwards.

hhr falling on its face.hplkeith smith sc 2.9 42lb almost completed.hpt

In your log I noticed the MAP at 100kPa at 12% TPS, which is typically idle on the default config. What's that about? It also seems to max out at 120kPa. Are you not running a 2.5bar MAP sensor?

Edit: I'm going to leave this link here regarding tuning with the Bluecat Tool: http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/tunin...ap-le5-318815/
    Last edited by CatnipG5Bandit; 11-22-2015 at 12:58 AM.

Tuner in Training
    It is not a 2.5 bar. I got the blue cat tool to work. Used it just like tuning an Lsx. Had to put the laptop down for the night.

If you use the stock MAP I would avoid using VE for anything in boost in that case. Definitely see what's going on with the MAP. It shouldn't be maxing out at 12%TPS. I'm wondering if a wire has been frayed or shorted.

Tuner in Training
    Would tthe Lsj throttle body be causing issues? Where it shows the max in that log, I was actually almost full throttle .

Tuner in Training
    What method should I use to avoid using VE while in boost?

log afr error agents maf and tune the maf only

Tuner in Training
    The reason I'm asking, is it seems even when I'm disabling ve, I have to turn it off in the scanner vcm controls .

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    iirc just remove the blk/wht wire from the maf and disable all codes if your having issues with maf activity. just pulling that 1 wire allows the iat to remain active while defaulting SD mode.
    it should be pin location B in the maf connector (second from the right if your staring into the end of the harness connector.)
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    iirc just remove the blk/wht wire from the maf and disable all codes if your having issues with maf activity. just pulling that 1 wire allows the iat to remain active while defaulting SD mode.
    it should be pin location B in the maf connector (second from the right if your staring into the end of the harness connector.)
    Actually, I had no problems going into SD. Only going into MAF only, open loop.

Tuner in Training
    I'm at the point where I would like to tune it MAF only. I've read there are tricks to still read boost levels above the stock MAP sensors. But, it doesn't seem worth it at this point. It's hard to find info on tuning these ecm's. Anything else I have had no problems getting the info needed, when I got hung up.

try this once i raised the maf by 5% maf.xlsx