Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coyote TB tuning

Your goal is to get wheel tq error to 0. Any method is good
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

My current calibration has only obd pids, so you are lucky...
    www.hd-customs.pl

can u please explain how to do so I did the logging as per the above histogram but should I multiply by the percentage error or add

Advanced Tuner
    Per a request, here is my TB Error graph.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have been correcting with TA Error and it would fix it but then start acting up again....I decided to log Wheel Torque Error against the TB table and found 25 - 75 lb ft of error in most of the mid load cells.

How do I apply this error to the table? Maybe we really should be applying it to either the Torque tables or the Driver Demand table? What about Engine Tq Ref?

When y'all say wheel torque error are you referring to IPC wheel torque error?

Quote Originally Posted by rhinogt View Post
    When y'all say wheel torque error are you referring to IPC wheel torque error?
    Yes, IPC Wheel Torque Error.....I don't know where to apply a correction for that.

TA Error isn't making long term corrections when applied to the Predicted TB table (or the Effective Table).

Should I raise or lower the DD table or Torque tables by WT Error?

I subtracted Wheel Torque Error from Driver Demand table and it seems to be working the best of any method I have tried....No perceived lack of power since the Error is positive, the bigger TB/manifold is taking more air so lowering the DD table is compensating and it feels the same as it did before. I will keep playing with it but at this point, I think this is the right way to do it.

Ok. I was wondering if I was crazy since it spits out lb/ft but that's not what the predicted throttle table is

Advanced Tuner
    Looking at this screenshot as an example...
    If you only have 1 error in a column, such as column 0.022, where the error is -.11.
    The correction would be -.11/2=-.055, so you would add -.055(which is really subtracting) to the entire column.
    If you have more than 1 error in a column like .177, you would average the values and then divide by 2.
    .32+.17+.22+-.11=.6
    .6/4=.15 (average)
    .15/2=0.075 (correction factor)

So you would add 0.075 to the entire column under.177
    Also, remember you have to change the ETC Effective Area Table when you make changes to the ETC Predicted Throttle Angle table.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by txcharlie; 02-11-2016 at 11:09 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    You may have to repeat this several times to get it right. Monitor IPC wheel torque error, as it should be reduced every time you do this process.
    Last edited by txcharlie; 02-12-2016 at 02:57 PM.

So when you go to change the effective area table are you just changing the x axis labels to match the predicted table values or are you applying the correction to the values inside the effective area table?

Advanced Tuner
    You will update Effective Area X axis with the top row of Predicted TA.

Ok I thought that's how it worked

Anything else required for tuning a throttle body besides tuning the Predicted Throttle Angle and Effective Area? Tuning the idle air would come to mind obviously. I'm guessing it's good practice to start out with given data? For instance, copying the predicted throttle angle and effective area tables from a cobra jet file for a monoblade to get started off with.

1. Start out with good throttle body data
    2. Make a rough adjustment to the idle air tables
    3. Dial in the Predicted Throttle Angle and Effective Area tables as mentioned above

Anything else? I'm guessing the car will be pretty rough to drive while all of this stuff is getting adjusted. I'm possibly looking at taking on the infamous monoblade with a cobra jet setup sometime in the future. Always fun to learn new stuff regardless.

i had the best luck starting with stock data and tables on the GT350 TB (with regard to Pred and Eff). I changed all the other stuff.

Again, here's link, it still works this same way as 05 models, updated info for 2015:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...le-tuning-Ford
    www.hd-customs.pl

Does the driver demand or any of the torque/torque inverse tables need tuning? I know caniggia mentioned this in another thread, Eric said something about it not being necessary.
    Last edited by AKDMB; 02-23-2016 at 11:21 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDMB View Post
    Does the driver demand or any of the torque/torque inverse tables need tuning? I know caniggia mentioned this in another thread, Eric said something about it not being necessary.
    I believe it would depend on how much you have increased power and therefore skewed the DD and torque/inverse tables. With bolt ons or just adding spark and fuel, I don't believe it is necessary. Adding FI would require tuning both DD and torque/inverse.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    I believe it would depend on how much you have increased power and therefore skewed the DD and torque/inverse tables. With bolt ons or just adding spark and fuel, I don't believe it is necessary. Adding FI would require tuning both DD and torque/inverse.
    OK, that makes sense. I would just be looking at a CJ intake manifold and a monoblade 65mm, so that shouldn't be required. One interesting thing I found was that was that the control pack tune(what I'm gonna be working with) had different Predicted throttle angle and effective area tables even though the tune is meant for the normal 80mm(or whatever the stock throttle body diameter is) throttle body. Who knows why, I think ford racing's goal with the control pack tune was to touch as many tables as possible. A lot of the load axes are jacked up on a lot of the tables too if I remember correctly.