Thread: TM Causing "Bucking" Issue 2011 CTSV

Tuner in Training

TM Causing "Bucking" Issue 2011 CTSV

On my V at downshifts and sometimes when it upshifts the TM kicks in, the traction control lights up, it pulls a lot of timing, and causes the ETC to close partially. This happens with or without traction control active. It happens when the calculated torque gets over around 420 ft-lb. When it pulls timing and closes the throttle body some the calculated torque drops back down which makes it add timing and open the throttle body. The calculated torque jumps back up to over 400 ft-lb and then torque management kicks in again. It causes a bad "bucking" of the car and also can cause a misfire with the timing going so crazy. I've disabled ETC in torque management, disabled tip-in limiting and maxed out the tables. I also maxed out the other trans input and output torque. I must be missing something somewhere and I'd appreciate any help. I've attached the tune and a couple log files.

test 10.hpl
    test 10-2.hpl
    Test 10.hpt

Tuning Addict
    ??? Glanced at the tune... Looks like all of the torque management is still enabled in the trans and setup to cut throttle? You have increased shift max limits, but... Then you might also want to fully kill powerhop. Then timing needs a lot of work. You don't want over a 5 degree jump between cells typically. Plus I would think you could run quite a bit more than what you are unless you've done some serious boost mods? Anyway that's where I would start.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    I don't have much experience with timing and fuel. I took it and had it dyno tuned.
    Where did you see the throttle cut still enabled in the trans?

Potential Tuner
    a shop tuned your car?

Tuner in Training
    Yes. I had it tuned on e85 and 91. He scaled the injectors which caused issues with the transmission and the torque coefficient.

Potential Tuner
    My TM is as follows:
    Powerhop=disabled
    Fast Torque Exit
    Use Fuel Cut & Use Spark=disabled
    Brake Torque Management
    Disable by TCS=enabled

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 10secV View Post
    My TM is as follows:
    Powerhop=disabled
    Fast Torque Exit
    Use Fuel Cut & Use Spark=disabled
    Brake Torque Management
    Disable by TCS=enabled
    Thanks! What are your Torque Management settings in the Transmission?

Potential Tuner
    sending PM

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by stopltracr View Post
    Yes. I had it tuned on e85 and 91. He scaled the injectors which caused issues with the transmission and the torque coefficient.
    OK, didn't look close enough to see the tune was scaled. In that case be very careful with timing adjustments
    On your torque management section of the trans tune is where I saw everything still enabled via throttle cut. Make sure your in expert under Edit so you can see everything.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    think I got em squared away now