Thread: e37 conversion ls3

e37 conversion ls3

I am converting a 09 sky with a e37 ecm. I see where a couple of places are taking the org ecm and reflashing it for the swap so the bcm will still communicate and all the cars controls will still function . I can not find any info on this. Does anyone know what they are doing to make this work? Below is a link

http://www.performanceautowerks.com/...oducts_id=1873
    1969 nova w/ ls3
    2020 ram hemi
    2009 ALS-V Cadillac
    99 s10 w/ 09 G8 L76 turbo

From what I understand the E37 and the E67 have the same architecture. So is it possable to flash a e67 os on the E37? Never have tried or heard of but they are making this work somehow.
    1969 nova w/ ls3
    2020 ram hemi
    2009 ALS-V Cadillac

I would have thought someone here would have had some insight on this. If not just this application but others like the HHR, solstice, ect...
    1969 nova w/ ls3
    2020 ram hemi
    2009 ALS-V Cadillac

Tuner in Training

Also trying

Quote Originally Posted by ltcbm View Post
    I would have thought someone here would have had some insight on this. If not just this application but others like the HHR, solstice, ect...
    I'm searching too. I have the turbo sky. From what I have found so far is we need an e67 ecm and the harness from something with the le5 engine. from there I don't know if some wires need to be moved but I think a tune from a Trailblazer SS is needed.

Potential Tuner
    I'd sure like to know to what tune the are using too we swapped a Cadillac XLR to and ls3 and I need a better program then the one I have....

Potential Tuner
    Ken Kelly wrote the original program....
    You need to build yourself a custom harness
    From what I understand the program is proprietary that he wrote for autowerks so I would say buy the program from autowerks and bam you do in burn outs...

I have now been told that the e37 can not be used. All the cars they have swapped have had a e67 ecm. Can a e67 be swapped in the place of the e37 and everything still work. I may try to swap in with the 2.4 and see if I can get everything working. Then I can put in this car and reflash os for the ls and try to get it all to still work. Any better ideas out there?
    1969 nova w/ ls3
    2020 ram hemi
    2009 ALS-V Cadillac

Advanced Tuner
    Trying to do this conversion yourself is admirable, but there are more than a few misconceptions in this thread so far. If you were going to replace the stock gages with aftermarket units, and you were content with an add on push-button starter and with the cruise control not functioning - then doing it yourself might be worth a try.

If you want to retain the stock gages, and have the starter and cruise control function as they did originally, then these options are well beyond the average enthusiast - and no tuning software has all of the parameters / tables needed to make this happen. A proprietary tune was written by a software developer to facilitate all of this - and this specific work was commissioned by a commercial business.

From what I understand the E37 and the E67 have the same architecture.
    No. The E37 has 2 connectors, similar to an E38. The E67 has 3 connectors (with additional inputs / outputs).

So is it possable to flash a e67 os on the E37?
    No.

I have now been told that the e37 can not be used. All the cars they have swapped have had a e67 ecm. Can a e67 be swapped in the place of the e37 and everything still work. I may try to swap in with the 2.4 and see if I can get everything working. Then I can put in this car and reflash os for the ls and try to get it all to still work. Any better ideas out there?
    Reworking your 2 connector E37 harness to a 3 connector E67 is possible - however the E67 tune required to operate the 2.4L will not operate an LSx engine - so the net value of this exercise is somewhat limited.
    Last edited by Jon S.; 12-07-2015 at 10:12 AM.