Thread: Bench tuning harness for 99 and up?

Tuner in Training

Bench tuning harness for 99 and up?

Sorry if this is a completely stupid question, but I have been searching trying to find the answer with absolutely no luck at all. I've even searched Google outside the forum here. What cable/patch-cord or setup do you need to do an initial setup of the computer for LS conversions into older cars in the office at your desk to get them to fire? Turning off VATS, EGR, Rear O2 Sensors, fans, etc? Everything I see connects to the OBD2 port. Again, bear with me as I am new to all of this and tired of paying $200 every time I do a conversion. It's time to learn HP Tuners. If it's a cable, please leave a link as to where you get it or a DIY for how you build it. Thanks in advance!

Aaron

Senior Tuner
    Hi Aaron.
    There are several places that sell bench top programming harnesses. They are typically priced in the $100-150 range. They just include the blue PCM connector and the OBD diagram connector and a switch to disconnect the switched power source. Some even offer an AC adapter option. They are pretty easy to make as well. There are only a few wires needed. You can google how to make one and save money.

Other than that, just buy HP Tuners software and interface and you'll have all of the equipment needed for bench top tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Kevin. I appreciate your response. After getting the phrasing right for searching I was able to find some on Google. I would prefer just to buy a good clean setup rather than take the time to piece it. Any recommended places?

Tuner in Training
    That's actually the place I ordered from today. Thanks for the info........

Advanced Tuner
    build one , mine cost me 5 bucks , if you need a connector let me know ,,pm just pay shipping , otherwise radioshack for a box and bu board and two lighted switches

jim