Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
Using a in ground DJet as of now, I had a shop fire and lost just about everything a while ago, my dyno is in storage waiting for the $$$ to fix it. I miss that thing dearly :/

On the cats thing, yes an expansion chamber slowing down gas velocity before a turn will help... but I wouldnt put speed bumps before a chicane in the racetrack, Id rather just straighten the damn track out! haha. Im surprised that effect would pick up 30hp though. What would fixing the exhaust tract all together do then is what I would be after!

I dont know the internals of these blowers well, because Id rather have a Procharger on it than the damn Eaton and make 800 hp on accident, they dont get much attention from me. Im sure when you turn them harder there are some major innefficiencies (snouts need porting, bypass valves leaking internally?). I just did the lower pulley at the same time the cam went in (since the balancer was off and Id rather have an ATI balancer on anything that sees the harmonics of a blower) to keep the gauge boost level approx the same as it would drop with cam, and I know customer would call me back asking where his boost went when it makes 6 psi even though its fast LOL. This turd only has 1 3/4 shitty headers on it too btw, who does that? Its is making 550 to the tires right now, it is out of inj and pump pressure falling fast LOL

As to the last statement, welcome to my world ive been fixing another shops crap work/parts/tunes for years, going on 10 now. Working behind someone often loses me money instead of making me money because they are so jacked up. They had the exact same Mustang dyno I had and on more than one occasion had cars make 100 less than what customers were told - off the same damn equipment LOL
Sorry to hear about the fire. Yes couldn't agree more with the correct full A/M exhaust. Good luck talking some people into it though... Problem I've got right now on one Yes, I too like the centrifugal blowers, but I also absolutely love the low end of the pd blowers