Thread: No start when hot

Potential Tuner

No start when hot

I'm looking for some information on a problem I'm having with a recent tune. I did not tune this truck myself, there for I can not give any technical info about how the ecu was tuned.

I have a 2009 tahoe, 5.3 LMG motor with cam, headers, dod delete, and a few other mods. The tuner told me that due to the cam and the ECU's low volatile fuel calculations are non adjustable for 2009, I'm stuck with a hard to start/no start issue when the motor is hot.

At this point I've contacted everyone I can think of to find a fix or to even find out if this is true for 2009. I've searched Google for any info related to low volatile fuel calculations and can't find any mention of it regarding tuning. Any info, links, or fixes for this low volatile fuel would be greatly appreciated. If I bought a hptuner setup, is this something I can adjust myself?

Tuner in Training
    If he used HP, there are start tables you can adjust to specifically fix this issue. Just go to each table AIR FUEL SPARK ect. and scroll around for the start only icons. Add air add fuel, and maybe pull timing out.. I had to do the same thing on a Corvette recently.

Potential Tuner
    This will work on a 2009 ecu? He's claiming it's not adjustable and the fuel is laying in the intake causing a flooding effect.