Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drilling of a 1/8" hole in electronic throttle blade

Well basically we tuned without it and we are just trying to head in the right direction. The tune above is obviously a MAF SD tune atm and my next question is whether it would be better to use the 2 narrow band sensors at cruise. I am told that we can run them below a certain rpm and manifold pressure. The tune is accurate to 1 or 2 percent as it is. Because of the cam I have a false lean spot around the 2000rpm and if I run the o2 sensors it will most likely put fuel in there trying to correct it. I have tried putting 3% more fuel in that area and it makes very little difference. Also using the o2 sensors at idle will maybe make it too rich there as well. I am not certain about the effect of the o2 sensors at idle.
    MikeOD, your comment regarding "Pro" means he charges is about right lol. It may not mean he is any good at it though. At least he got it to idle a lot better so I will give him that.

So what I am asking here is there any great benefit in running the narrowband sensors in my application?
    Last edited by Force; 08-12-2015 at 10:47 AM.

*sighs* with the 38,67,92 VCMs im watching "pro tuners" drop like flies. hehe.

just so i add a litle valuable input, I find doing some extensive SD maf OFF tuning for idle quality first amongst many other things, a good start before you turn that maf on, and populate data in the maf table, fast changing map values below the maf only switching point rely heavily if not solely a well tuned VE table.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Newtech View Post
    just so i add a litle valuable input, I find doing some extensive SD maf OFF tuning for idle quality first amongst many other things, a good start before you turn that maf on, and populate data in the maf table, fast changing map values below the maf only switching point rely heavily if not solely a well tuned VE table.
    I've often wondered if VE is referenced at idle. Thanks for sharing.

we did set the VE at idle first and then tuned the VE. Idle I found is a bit of a behavioural guess. The Wo2 swings a fair bit as there is not enough constant heat and pressure to stabilise the reading. If you went by the average Wo2 reading then you may not have the engine liking the fuel it is getting at idle. Then there is RAF to adjust and timing. My head spins just thinking about it lol.
    Does anyone have any comments about the use of narrowband sensors with my set up? My cam is 226/[email protected]" .600 lift 114 LSA. Refer above for my other comments re narrows.