Thread: L99 vortech tune..gurus please lend me some advice

Tuner in Training

L99 vortech tune..gurus please lend me some advice

ok guys, so this is my tune and a few logs.im stationed in the UK, so im sure I may be the only person in the country with HP tuners..lol the story is. the car ran 12.3 at the stripe with a vortech v3si and a can tune @6.5 psi. I paid an un-named vendor 250 to help me remote tune it with HP tuner after I installed the 3.33 pulley and a bap and then the car ran a 13.0. wasn't spinning seems to be holding back. I have a restrictor plate so boost is around 7.5/8psi.

2010 SS A6

mods are

vortech v3si

3.33 pulley and restrictor plate..7.5/8psi

fast 65lbhr injectors

high flow cats

ECS BAP

flowmaster catback with h pipe

ported throttle body

any help would be great..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    no one?

Advanced Tuner
    Just looking at the tune it seems to be set very rich and extremely low timing.... not a good combo to make power.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Trims look OK, can't tell if WOT fueling is on or off, no wideband. Timing is definitely low (no knock though :-)). Was the tranny file the same from the first setup to this remote tune? How did the tuner validate his tune if there is no wideband?

Get wideband operational and we can look at the wot performance. Will also have to look at the tranny file if it has been changed as well. May want to clean up this tune and go back to your original tranny file if this one is updated for testing purposes...apples to apples compare.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 08-09-2015 at 11:54 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    thanks for looking at the tune Ed, you helped me out last year when I was trying to get it dialed in before the 9 month winter started here in England. I can e-mail you my current tune. I have put all tranny tables back to stock and used the bluecat tranny tool to adjust accordingly and upped the Airmass A,B,C,D by 10% and she feels night and day different. I am in the process of building a better timing table as the one I had was piss poor(vortech can tune timing table) I loaded the factory SS timing table and am cruising around pretty easy reducing the timing were I am getting KR..unless you know of a better way of building a timing table,also I currently have PE set to 1.27 and WOT is around 11.4 on the innovate WB... as I said in the OP, pretty upset as the car ran faster with the stock can tune with 2psi less boost. I even changed toe rods,control arms and poly subframe bushings. not bad, $1200 bucks later and I went a.5second in the wrong direction..lol..

Quote Originally Posted by scites View Post
    thanks for looking at the tune Ed, you helped me out last year when I was trying to get it dialed in before the 9 month winter started here in England. I can e-mail you my current tune. I have put all tranny tables back to stock and used the bluecat tranny tool to adjust accordingly and upped the Airmass A,B,C,D by 10% and she feels night and day different. I am in the process of building a better timing table as the one I had was piss poor(vortech can tune timing table) I loaded the factory SS timing table and am cruising around pretty easy reducing the timing were I am getting KR..unless you know of a better way of building a timing table,also I currently have PE set to 1.27 and WOT is around 11.4 on the innovate WB... as I said in the OP, pretty upset as the car ran faster with the stock can tune with 2psi less boost. I even changed toe rods,control arms and poly subframe bushings. not bad, $1200 bucks later and I went a.5second in the wrong direction..lol..

Yes I remember, I have a file on you. Was Nov 2014....Send me the file and I'll take a look. Nice hearing from you again :-)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    you have an e-mail Ed..thanks again bud