Thread: 2015 5.0 Mustang Procharger no power

2015 5.0 Mustang Procharger no power

First I am looking for a base 5.0 Procharger tune and a stock 5.0 ford Auto file, if anyone has one please post it up. Now on to the problem at hand. Its a stage 2 procharger system with 12psi on the top end. The car has been remote tuned and was brought to me because of a performance problem and check engine light. The light is for the IMRC valves being stuck in the closed low rpm position. I found the solenoid vent line pulls enough vacuum from the intake that it will pull the valves closed. Disconnecting the vent line from the intake allows the valves to work properly when out of boost. In boost the valves will not open and remain closed, even with no vacuum on the imrc canisters. Its acting like the valves are stuck in the closed position and can't return against boost. Has any one had this problem on a 15? Now if I disconnect the imrc electrically and by vacuum they stay open the entire run. So if they are open they will stay open but if closed they will never open under boost but work at light throttle. Now on to the other problem, I can't read the tune and have no idea what was programmed in the car. Its running 11to1 at wot and about 12 degrees of timing. It makes no power, with the imrc valves sticking closed its in the 440-450 range and if I keep them open the car will see 470-480 rwhp. Still looking for another 200 missing rwhp, that I cant tune. Any one have any ideas?

Thank You
    Bad383TA

Potential Tuner
    Where is the reference hose for the IMRC connected? On our 15 w/hellion twins it had to be run to the air filter itself.

AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bad383ta View Post
    First I am looking for a base 5.0 Procharger tune and a stock 5.0 ford Auto file, if anyone has one please post it up. Now on to the problem at hand. Its a stage 2 procharger system with 12psi on the top end. The car has been remote tuned and was brought to me because of a performance problem and check engine light. The light is for the IMRC valves being stuck in the closed low rpm position. I found the solenoid vent line pulls enough vacuum from the intake that it will pull the valves closed. Disconnecting the vent line from the intake allows the valves to work properly when out of boost. In boost the valves will not open and remain closed, even with no vacuum on the imrc canisters. Its acting like the valves are stuck in the closed position and can't return against boost. Has any one had this problem on a 15? Now if I disconnect the imrc electrically and by vacuum they stay open the entire run. So if they are open they will stay open but if closed they will never open under boost but work at light throttle. Now on to the other problem, I can't read the tune and have no idea what was programmed in the car. Its running 11to1 at wot and about 12 degrees of timing. It makes no power, with the imrc valves sticking closed its in the 440-450 range and if I keep them open the car will see 470-480 rwhp. Still looking for another 200 missing rwhp, that I cant tune. Any one have any ideas?

Thank You
    Bad383TA
    Hello,

I want to know if you ever found out what the problem was?

I am currently having the same issue with my S550 procharger HO kit.
    I was having my check engine light come on because of closed IMRC. so I replaced the Intake manifold with another one and it did the same thing.
    So I just went and deleted the IMRC with a S197 intake manifold and that fixed the issue with the Engine light. But like you said in your post.
    The car is still missing a ton of power and dont know why or where it is all going.

Thank you!