Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Startup stumble.

Tuner in Training
    Just an update on this thread, I have been using petro ultra 94 or petro 91 fuel with no problems at all, truck has been running great. So i tried to go back to shell vpower 91 and the stumble came back right away. once i changed back to petro the stumble was gone, i can't understand how a different brand of fuel could do this. i thought if it was the fuel it would happen more than just the first start of the day. The only difference is that the shell vpower fuel around here is ethanol free.

Tuner in Training
    So i am once again having a startup problem with my truck again, the problem now is the temps here have dropped to around -25 degrees celsius and if i plug the block heater for my truck in when i try to start the truck it will barely idle stumble real bad then stall, it will do this 2 times before the engine will start and run. This again is for the first start of the day. So i tried not plugging in the block heater one night and in the morning the truck started normally. If you have any ideas on what this could be any insight would be appreciated.

Senior Tuner
    i had this same issue on my 10 6.2. is just added fuel to the ol fueling side of it and took care of it. It was even more apparent on e85. Never payed no mind to it till i cammed it. then it became a big issue.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    i had this same issue on my 10 6.2. is just added fuel to the ol fueling side of it and took care of it. It was even more apparent on e85. Never payed no mind to it till i cammed it. then it became a big issue.
    Thanks for the reply, my truck is still stock for now, i am just wondering why this problem is coming up. i was thinking it has something to do with the CTS as it has only been happening when i plug my block heater in. It is not normal for the truck to be doing this and i am just trying to figure out if one of the sensors is not reading correctly.

Added startup spark for colder temps to mine and it helped a lot with this. Worth a shot

How hot does the block heater keep things?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I use my block heater daily now in my 2012 Silverado. I modded the plug in to run at any temp, before it only ran when it was below zero outside. With my wall timer and it running off and on most of the night it'll bring temps up to 60-70F pretty easy.

My truck will do the quick rev, then fall real fast and catch itself with the block heater plugged in. It has something to do with confusing the computer because the ambient temp is much cooler than the current coolant temp upon start up. Sometimes even a P0116 code can happen. I've never had the light come on nor have I had any issue with mine stalling.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah i was thinking that was all it was, i just find it weird that it will stall twice and then start fine. And why would it be only certain vehicles that have this problem, and why has this problem just begun. I was hoping it was a failing sensor. i will have to do some logs and try to see what is going on.