Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wierd surging issue, follows the O2 sensors swinging like they are overcorrecting

I'll try to find a 2005 C6 .bin file

Yeah I doubt the E40 to E38 swap is worth it.. A6 to M6 isn't too horrible to do, I don't think I'd want to try swapping ECM's though
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    I wonder if the guy that started this thread has resolved his problem.

Ah who cares. Just kidding! lol

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Haha I just hate when I have a problem and you find a thread that some one is having the same problem but just ends up a dead end.

Quote Originally Posted by mourat View Post
    I'm not able to open the GTO.bin file as I only have Y-body definition file so for corvettes to open although I'm sure they are the same inside unlike HPT I need to have the proper definition file to open it and they do not offer support for a 2005 C6 only all C5 and 2006+ C6
    Found one! Can you let us know what all is in there that can be changed?

05 vette.bin

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Senior Tuner
    Not yet been in and out of the country and state too damn much!

Ok so support has been added for some of the corvette calibrations... what about the truck calibration Im working with is it in all of them now? What tables were you saying I need and what changes did you make successfully to calm yours down or stop the "flicking"
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Need to tune in your O2's..........

Proportional multiply by something like .835. Integrator delay multiply by 1.1 or higher until your actual air fuel matches commanded as long as commanded is 14.55 or higher. May have to tweek O2 mv settings to 550mv vs airflow as well... Do all of this while holding ellevated rpm's around 1500 or so. That way your cam doesn't screw with the readings...
    I would like to bring this thread back and thank Ghuggins for this post. I had very bad surging while cruising and idling. I did what was suggested in the above post and it almost completely eliminated my surging. All I need to do is tweek those tables slightly and I think I will be surge free. Thanx again.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by monte4ever View Post
    I would like to bring this thread back and thank Ghuggins for this post. I had very bad surging while cruising and idling. I did what was suggested in the above post and it almost completely eliminated my surging. All I need to do is tweek those tables slightly and I think I will be surge free. Thanx again.
    .9 and 1.25 usually gets it very very close for long tubes and relocated O2's. Then lower and higher if need be from there

That's what were here for. Just wish GM had made access to these tables more available for all year models.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

.9 and 1.25 usually gets it very very close for long tubes and relocated O2's. Then lower and higher if need be from there

That's what were here for. Just wish GM had made access to these tables more available for all year models.
    I agree. I wish there were more fellow gear heads willing to share this type of info. As of now I have my Proportional Base multiplied by .400, Proportional Base Idle by .835, and Integrator by 1.2. Gonna take just a hair more from Proportional Idle just to see how it does but right now it's running smoother than when I had it in OL. Couldn't be happier.

Advanced Tuner
    .Just wish GM had made access to these tables more available for all year models.
    Where's that crying like a baby smiley. ..... I need it.

Wish E40's had access to the intergrade delay table

I got access to some of the proportional tables but HPT said they didn't have access to integrator delay on my OS (E40 ECM)

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuning Addict
    Integrator is probably one of the most important ones for this too... Wonder how GM's setting these up without these tables in all of the cals? OR is it just that they're in there, but hp has no way on certain applications to make them changeable? Guess it'll be a while before one of us comes up with a work around?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    So to tweak an E38, Closed Loop Proportional --> Airflow Mode and Close Loop Integrator Delay --> Airflow Mode

Tuning Addict
    Yes, then you can play with some of the other O2 tables too if you like. Quite a few like above have seen some pretty good benefits from them as well. I typically just do the airflow modes tables under proportional and integrator delay. .9 for proportional and 1.25 for integrator will usually get you rather close. Then up and down from there if need be.

I also can not explain enough on the benefits of relocating the precat O2's out of the collector and slightly further down the exhaust stream where the O2's actually can get a homogenous exhaust reading... I can post pics later if need be for that...

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    I have no where to move mine to... The Xpipe is directly past the collectors. Then the pipes go into the tunnel, dump into high flow cats, then the post cat O2 bungs.
    When arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing....

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_D View Post
    I have no where to move mine to... The Xpipe is directly past the collectors. Then the pipes go into the tunnel, dump into high flow cats, then the post cat O2 bungs.
    American Racing Headers then... Don't remember, but how long are the xpipe pipe sections before the point where they "x"? As long as you've got something like 8 to 10 inches of pipe, put them in the xpipe close to where they attach to the headers. As long as they are out of the collector and in a solid diameter pipe is all that matters.

But with that being said, you can't adjust your delay table, which with the O2's further downstream may actually make things worse in your case. Not sure. Haven't done it to one you couldn't adjust the delay table on. I would also really hate for you to try this on yours and it not help anything or make it worse only to wind up having to put them back. I've always had better luck relocating them, but I always had the integrator delay table to change their locations in the tune. SO I really don't know how it would turn out for you?

Sorry can't be any more help Michael.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    LOL.... No worries.. I was laying under the car for a half hour yesterday, trying to find somewhere to weld in new bungs, and actually be able to install the sensors. There just isn't anywhere to do it, unless I cut out the cats.

I'm thinking about swapping the ECM out for a newer version, as soon as I hear how that goes for Seb.
    When arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by mourat View Post
    Here are the tables I see in T****cats for the E38 tell me what you think:

MAX STFT Integral Term. Vs. Coolant Temp
    MIN STFT Integral Term. Vs. Coolant Temp

Rcih/Lean 02 volts Thres VS airlfow Mode vs Bank
    Rich/Lean 02 voltage threhold offset vs cool temp
    Fast 02 filter Coeff. Vs. Airflow mode vs. Bank
    Closed Loop Integrator Delay vs. Airflow mode - Rich
    Closed Loop Integrator Delay vs. Airflow mode - Lean
    Closed Loop Integrator Delay vs. Airflow mode - Rich - HI RPM
    Closed Loop Integrator Delay vs. Airflow mode - Lean - HI RPM
    Closed Loop proportional Term Vs. Airflow mode
    Closed Loop proportional Term Limit Vs. Airflow mode
    Closed Prop. Term Gain Vs. Airflow mode - Lean
    Closed Prop. Term Gain Vs. Airflow mode - Rich

Cool feature: Baro Update enable % throttle area vs. RPM (so Baro doesn't update under boost)

I alos like CCP Flow rate vs Airflow to control when EVAP purges my favorite cuz I turn it off at idle this way my injectors down have to pulse super low because of vapors .
    Mourat, what model year car/E38 were these parameters from?

I found a really good explanation of how closed loop works on the 747 ecm which looks to be very similar to the current ecms. Worth a read!

http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/papers/747fuel.txt

And here's a better guide on how to tune PI loops:

http://www.researchgate.net/publicto...b-8c37ed1f9fe2