Thread: LS7 idel control issue

LS7 idel control issue

Hello I am having problems with idle control on a 2008 ls7 I thought I had all idle controls set to 650 but the engine continues to default to 525 and worse yet the more I screw with it the worse it gets. the idle is now jumping to 1650 rpm at 29% throttle but I can see the timing is being pulled back to negative levels trying to get it under control. this is my first ls7 on a e38 and was hoping someone with more experience could look over the tune and see if there is anything obvious that I missed.
    thanks Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2005 yukon Denali turbo,@15#s 4L80E,1978 z28 lq4,1974 corvette ls6. there is no measurment of power without load.

bump
    2005 yukon Denali turbo,@15#s 4L80E,1978 z28 lq4,1974 corvette ls6. there is no measurment of power without load.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you have to list all mods and log so we can see whats going on, no one will look into something without data
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

i was just hoping some one would look at the idle set points for in park to see if I missed something. but I just downloaded a new vin and started again and it works perfect now, the old vin I started with was to new for the ecm/motor found a much closer os id to the donor and al well.

While I am a day late and a dollar short I would have guessed the min idle air ect multiplier was way to high (.3 vs 1.2) and the maf at idle is like 1.5 times stock. Not knowing the setup, I would start there....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

yes I forgot I jacked the maf at the idle. I will adjust the idle air ect and load it up again just to find out if it works then maybe I will learn something? I am trying to use the compare tool to a stock ls7 tune and copy all the tables, must have missed one. could not find a matching os to segment swap the tranny or the engine and no factory ls7 auto tunes. thanks for looking.