Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bricked PCMs......what to do

Potential Tuner
    Does any one know the voltage threshold the computer likes to see during flashing? I recently swapped over from SCT to the nGauge (Lund) and I normally run my trickle charger while flashing. the swap from SCT went well. I then backed up stock tune with nGauge and proceeded to upload new tune. It failed with a code 8 and would let me flash stock tune. I disconnected battery (read 12.4v with metter) and put it to a normal charge. Came back 25 minutes later (voltage now 12.99), reloaded stock tune, then flashed new tune no issues. Yesterday I tried to flash a revision and i bricked again. I didn't have car on trickle charger, but battery was at 12.6v. Again after disconnecting battery and charging it to 13v did the stock reflash and revision flash take.

I just used the latest beta 2215 to flash an 09 f250 and now I have a no start. Tried battery pull, flashed back to stock, Abort. Nothing seam to be working

Security light keeps flashing

Was you able to get a good read?
    There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.

Tuner in Training
    I'm trying to install a tune on a 2006 F-150 5.4. I have the same problem. Could the voltage just have dropped enough? I can't even install the factory tune. Goes to 2.1% and fails.....

Tuner in Training
    Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Use a battery charger on low settings and try again. I use from 2 to 20 AMP depending on battery condition
    9 sec Montecarlo SS