Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Closed loop going lean??

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    AS long as you don't have air leaks, which is usually indicated by one particular bank going lean quicker, then this should help.

What I believe you have going on is the usual rich after flash issue compounded by O2's being mistuned if that makes any sense. I have seen it take up to 30 minutes to get over this issue and go entirely into "full" normal operation. Then you throw into the equation that your O2's are leading it more and more lean because they aren't setup correctly adding up to your overall problem.

You can do a brief experimentation and multiply your proportional table by .835 then multiply your integrator delay table by 1.3 and see if it's any different before modding anything if you would prefer that.

Let us know how it goes.
    GHuggins,
    I've been slowly figuring this out and I may have misunderstood your advice to change the "proportional" table as the Closed Loop Proportional Airflow Mode instead of the Closed Loop Proportional O2 Error. I think the Closed Loop Proportional O2 Error is the P variable used in keeping the AFR near stoich. When you have too much overshoot on the feedback loop you dial back the P term and I was just adjusting the airflow P term.

I'm going to try reducing the O2 Error but 20% tonight and see if that works.

Tuner in Training
    Are you using Bluecat's EQ VE Tool or HP Tuners VVE in beta v2.25 for VE Tuning?

Tuning Addict
    I meant proportional airflow. Not the error, although others are adjusting all three with great results (O2 error, O2 proportional airflow & integrator delay)
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
    Are you using Bluecat's EQ VE Tool or HP Tuners VVE in beta v2.25 for VE Tuning?
    I switched to 2.25 recently and it seems to work fine. I don't like that it doesn't automatically adjust the boundaries. It's almost a step back in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I meant proportional airflow. Not the error, although others are adjusting all three with great results (O2 error, O2 proportional airflow & integrator delay)
    By the HPT help description the proportional airflow is only to induce switching. O2 error is for maintaining stoich

Tuning Addict
    Yes, but it has more to do with fuel control over switching or rather fueling requirements to control switching. You can increase it and develop cruise bucking if too high. Lower to help smooth things out. Higher integrator for new O2 locations. Then error for stoich correction if still needed...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC