Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Idle hunting?

My car's Dynamic and MAF flow almost exactly the same. Here's a snip from a log just captured. It only fluctuates minimally. The car sputters a lot at this setting but lopes really well though when the air is above 2.000 lb/min.

Log.JPG

I observed this pattern as I see (and hear) the idle fall from a closed throttle. How do I increase this setting?

How does this FIAM look? Is it too much?

FIAM_Increase.JPG

Which setting do I adjust for the Mass Air Flow(SAE) table?

Gonna try this first.

FIAM_Increase.JPG

..............little at a time. I don't want it to go kaboom..............LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedforhire View Post
    Gonna try this first.

FIAM_Increase.JPG

..............little at a time. I don't want it to go kaboom..............LOL!
    lol yeah maybe try +5-10% at a time and see what happens. you'll know when you go too far

I could be totally wrong and that not even be what's wrong, but I know that's what fixed the idle dipping issue on mine

It didn't have any effect at all. The Dynamic and MAF stayed the same.............the car sputters like SCHITTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuning Addict
    Post latest tune and log please... Also post OE tune too please.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

as requested.....................I've enclosed the oem tune, a new tune and a log. What I'm observing is that when I let off the throttle the rpm's dip, then rebound to about 150-200 more than the desired rpm. At that moment when it's higher than the desired rpm the car is getting 2.0-2.5 lb/min airflow in the Dynamic and MAF flow and the car lopes REALLY WELL, however, after a few seconds the rpm falls back to the desired setting and the airflow falls to roughly 1.7 lb/min and the car lopes and sputters ridiculously. I tried raising the tables but some multiplier/table somewhere keeps returning it back to <1.7lb/min................keeps sputtering. The log demonstrates this issue at the times indicated by the throttle blips.

The idle also dips well below 500rpm's when I first put the car in gear also...........almost stalling.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Speedforhire; 05-09-2015 at 03:47 PM.

........as viewed from the log. You can see idle at >1K rpm's after it rebounded from throttle closed and the air tables are >2.........the car lopes well at this time. The behavior can be observed at three different times in the log posted above.......0:40:00, 1:40:00 and 2:30:00 marks.............

Log_Snip.JPG

Perhaps it's just the by-product of the cam.

LTFT's are ???????
    Last edited by Speedforhire; 05-09-2015 at 01:23 PM.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedforhire View Post
    The idle still dips well below the desired idle when abruptly letting off the throttle or blipping it. It should fall gradually and settle at the desired limit.

Anyone have a LM2 WB for sale cheap?
    Haven't been able to look at the tune yet as I'm currently away from home, but a few things off the bat if you want it to lope. Add back to stoichio. Make commanded at least 14.79af. Then fix your MAF curve for fuel trims. Then multiply your idle airflow integral table by .7 and see what that does for your dip. Might also set idle speed to 700 rpms and see how that works for you.
    Last edited by GHuggins; 05-09-2015 at 05:09 PM.

I don't think it's a good thing to run a cam with 9* overlap at only 700rpms...................14.79 STOICH would be too lean; wouldn't it?

Tuning Addict
    Cams like being lean. A lot out there will try to make them idle in open loop at a 16.3ish af ratio... As for idle speed it depends entirely on min air tables and where she likes to be. If your lopes better at higher airflow then increase the idle speed if that's what you like. BUT there are ways to manipulate tables to get a nice lope. It's just better for someone to have the car and know what to do to get it dialed in right.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Thanks everyone for the post replies.