Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Idle hunting?

MAF Hz added...............

Hist_MAF.png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Speedforhire; 04-26-2015 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedforhire View Post
    MAF Hz added...............

Hist_MAF.png
    Post a screenshot of both tabs in the setup for that histogram real quick
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Yes, if you entered in the histogram setup that I listed and have the table pids as listed, then it should have worked...

What version of 2.24 are you using? Are you using beta? If you are try with the latest version of 2.24.
    Using 2.24.1079...........the last iteration available.

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Post a screenshot of both tabs in the setup for that histogram real quick
    Hist_Settings.png

I hope that's what you are asking.

Tuning Addict
    Just off the bat from the first pic, I can see the fuel trim correction isn't /2, so that one didn't enter right for some reason... From the 2'nd pic, you weren't supposed to create a filter stringed fuel trim correction histogram. It was supposed to be setup on table only. AS a User Defined Table pid...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Most likely the whole reason they aren't working...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Hist_Settings.png

I hope that's what you are asking.
    That's a lot of wrong.

Get rid of that filter first

Just to make sure something really basic works, go to PID and find short term fuel trim for whatever bank.

Use that just to make sure the histogram is no longer greyed out when you start logging. Again.. get rid of that filter. I doubt anything will ever work with that in there.

Assuming that one works.. then go back into the screen you just posted, go to PID, configure user defined, go to one of the open ones, call it average FT or whatever you want to call it. Put in the formula (I haven't checked it to see if it's right, so hopefully Ghuggins can help you there), label it whatever you want.. I'll call it FT_AVERAGE Exit that screen, save changes

Go back to the histogram screen, hit PID, select FT_AVERAGE down at the bottom. Ext/save changes

Then try it

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuning Addict
    I'm working on getting some correct pics for you right now.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    OK, now I feel like an idiot... Aparently I'm too far out of date or it's just the fact that I haven't done it in a long time, but I can't for the life of me remember how to compress pics down small enough for the attachment icon to attach them...... So how do I do this and I'll get them posted for you.

~Greg Huggins~

OK, now I feel like an idiot..........
    ..........No man is an island!

I save the images from screenshots, paste into Word, then save as .jpg. Upload here from the "Insert Image" button on the tool bar above.

Sorry I misunderstood your earlier setup instructions.

That's a lot of wrong.

Get rid of that filter first

Just to make sure something really basic works, go to PID and find short term fuel trim for whatever bank.

Use that just to make sure the histogram is no longer greyed out when you start logging. Again.. get rid of that filter. I doubt anything will ever work with that in there.

Assuming that one works.. then go back into the screen you just posted, go to PID, configure user defined, go to one of the open ones, call it average FT or whatever you want to call it. Put in the formula (I haven't checked it to see if it's right, so hopefully Ghuggins can help you there), label it whatever you want.. I'll call it FT_AVERAGE Exit that screen, save changes

Go back to the histogram screen, hit PID, select FT_AVERAGE down at the bottom. Ext/save changes

Then try it
    The filters work in the Table Display but not the Histo app.

The filters work in the Table Display but not the Histo app.
    I don't even know what that means

The purpose of using a filter is to only use data when certain conditions are met. i.e. something like a fuel trim histogram with a filter of [PID.68]=1 would only use data when the equiv ratio is = 1. You still have to have the PID or sensor set to tell it what data you're actually trying to record. The filter can then tell it WHEN and when NOT to record it.

The filter section would need to be a condition that has to be met (if you use the filter options, which you DO NOT have to do).. the formula you had in there was for calculating the actual data you want to record. The filter is used to filter when to apply that data to the histogram and when to ignore it.

Just leave it blank for now. Get the basics going first.

Did you try what I said to try earlier?
    Last edited by schpenxel; 04-26-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

OK, now I feel like an idiot... Aparently I'm too far out of date or it's just the fact that I haven't done it in a long time, but I can't for the life of me remember how to compress pics down small enough for the attachment icon to attach them...... So how do I do this and I'll get them posted for you.
    What OS?

I use this on win 7 https://imageresizer.codeplex.com

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Win 7 Pro......with Office 2013.......that's all you need.

Capture your screencap - open Word - paste into the doc - then right click and select "save picture as" - then save it to your pic folder.

When replying here just hit the "Insert Image" and select the browse button. Locate the pic you saved and hit upload now...........

I don't even know what that means

The purpose of using a filter is to only use data when certain conditions are met. i.e. something like a fuel trim histogram with a filter of [PID.68]=1 would only use data when the equiv ratio is = 1. You still have to have the PID or sensor set to tell it what data you're actually trying to record. The filter can then tell it WHEN and when NOT to record it.

The filter section would need to be a condition that has to be met (if you use the filter options, which you DO NOT have to do).. the formula you had in there was for calculating the actual data you want to record. The filter is used to filter when to apply that data to the histogram and when to ignore it.

Just leave it blank for now. Get the basics going first.

Did you try what I said to try earlier?
    Working on it now..........I had to run an errand.

Tuning Addict
    OK, Thanks... Couldn't figure out how to save it as an image, but was able to save them as pdf formats. Hope you can view them. Think I was able to figure it out other than that. Here is a picture of my scanner's Main Table display and corresponding pics on how to setup the fuel trim correction PID...

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    For what ever reason "something I was doing wrong I'm sure", it would not let me save it as a document or image to attach. It would only let me attach the pdf formats...

Here's the one's for the histogram setups... Hope your able to view all of these. I know once they're opened you should be able to zoom in if need be.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    What OS?

I use this on win 7 https://imageresizer.codeplex.com
    Thanks, I can post pics via this way now too if need be... I think I used imageshack years ago, but tried that and it didn't work either. Guess I'm way behind the times

Were the pdf pics of use?

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Here's the same basic pics from phone. Wish I could get some better images straight off the computer screen...
    Attached Images Attached Images

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Then these.
    Attached Images Attached Images

~Greg Huggins~