Thread: Massive knock retard even on neutral.

Potential Tuner

Massive knock retard even on neutral.

Its driving me nuts. First a little backround.

When the car was bone stock, i got knock retard the moment i hit the gas, no matter what rpm was. Couple months ago i got new camshaft (228r 112LSA), ported 853 heads, double roller timing chain, new oil pump, dual valve springs, hardened pushrods, loudmouth catback, new knock sensor harness etc. It has almost new racetronix injectors also (stock size i guess). I started SD tuning it.

I have AEM wideband which i use verify the AFR. And because i live in Finland, i use 98 octaine fuel with 5% ethanol. WB shows AFR pretty close to perfect 14.7 with cruising and 12.9-13.1 with WOT. But no matter what i do to timing table, it still shows knock retard immediately i hit the gas. No matter what rpm is. I even try changing timing to 18*, nothing helps.

My new valve springs sounds pretty loud also, can the knock sensor pick up some valve train noise and go haywire? Same KR pulls the timing in neutral, when i just rev the engine. Is it even possible engine to knock without any load?

Heres my tune and some quick scan.

The car is 99 Trans am WS6 M6. And i run open loop atm.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by juudeli92; 04-13-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Something on your exhaust system?

Drive pulley system?

Alternator mounting loose?
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, I'm with powerzone. Look for something mechanical. Header hitting cross member etc.

Jason
    1996 Camaro SS M6 - 24X conversion - stock bottom end - heads - shorty headers - 58mm TB
    Ultradyne 230/238 .565/.565 112+4 - 30 LB red top SVO injectors - LOTS of suspension...

2002 GMC 2500 HD Duramax M6 - Just starting the tune on a stock motor now that I have a good clutch on order...