Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mustang GT Readiness Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by BravoAlphaPerf View Post
    Dont have it in front of me at the moment, on vacation.

but most basic scanners/ code readers have this function now to show the status of the readiness monitors. Here's an example of the pocket Autel Scanner readiness monitor screen.
    Attachment 78651

edit: try diag and info

Yeah, I can get that basic test pass/fail/incomplete screen. I thought you were talking about more detailed information of why a certain test wasn't completing.

I used my old Bluetooth ODB2 adapter and the Torque app to pull a bit more data. Besides the fact that my CAT test hasn't completed yet (I think it will with a little more driving). It seems to be just some of my rear O2 tests that haven't completed. I guess I need to find out more about what those tests are looking for and compare to log data:
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have a 2012 Mustang with a TVS GEN II blower. I worked for a few days to get the monitors to set, but to no avail. I modified my cal based on Jn2's findings. After finally finding a road that allowed me to run EXACTLY 40 mph for 5 minutes without the CC, I let the car sit overnight and the next morning, every test passed. The car has LTs and a catted x-pipe.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

I stripped out all my passed tests and these are what is left. Nothing is actually failing; just incomplete. For O2 stuff, it's only the rear sensors. But there were a number of tests on the rear sensors which passed. Interestingly, a few EVAP tests show up, but the status shows that EVAP has completed testing.

If anyone has insight on what these specific tests are looking to see, that would be a big help:

------------------
    MID:$02 TID:$85
    - O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2
    Test incomplete or dependant test failed
    --
    MID:$02 TID:$86
    - O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2
    --
    MID:$06 TID:$85
    - O2 Bank 2 Sensor 2
    --
    MID:$06 TID:$86
    - O2 Bank 2 Sensor 2
    --
    MID:$21 TID:$81
    - Catalyst Monitor Bank 1
    --
    MID:$22 TID:$81
    - Catalyst Monitor Bank 2
    ----
    MID:$3a TID:$81
    - EVAP Monitor (cap off)
    ----
    MID:$3d TID:$81
    - EVAP Monitor (0.020")
    --
    MID:$3d TID:$82
    - EVAP Monitor (0.020")
    --

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    I stripped out all my passed tests and these are what is left. Nothing is actually failing; just incomplete. For O2 stuff, it's only the rear sensors. But there were a number of tests on the rear sensors which passed. Interestingly, a few EVAP tests show up, but the status shows that EVAP has completed testing.

If anyone has insight on what these specific tests are looking to see, that would be a big help:
    As far as cat monitors, look up the drive cycle for that system on your vehicle and perform it.
    the cycle might have been posted earlier.

now the evap system tests are generally performed when fuel level is more than 1/4 tank and below 3/4. Also depending on the type of evap system on the vehicle, can take 2-12hrs of vehicle sitting.

Good point on the Evap tests. Car must be around 1/2 to 3/4 full (3/4 full is recommended) and must be driven in a steady state without sloshing the gas in the tank. Also, Evap monitor only works the first 30 minutes of engine run time. After 30 minutes, the test is invalid and will not pass.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

One more weekend of anti-joy-rides, trying to get the CAT, O2, and HO2 tests passed with no luck.

I have even been driving around with Advance-trac and TC on, which kills my soul; because disabling seemed to give me issues passing the tests in the past (on a stockish car / tune).

Will disabling LTFT have any influence on passing these tests?

I ended up reflashing to change a few things. It looks like my attempts to disable DFSO for tuning (unsuccessful), was keeping it from completing the CAT monitor test.

I now have all greens, except O2 and HO2. Specifically:

----
    MID:$02 TID:$85
    - O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2
    --
    MID:$02 TID:$86
    - O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2
    ----
    MID:$06 TID:$85
    - O2 Bank 2 Sensor 2
    --
    MID:$06 TID:$86
    - O2 Bank 2 Sensor 2
    --

I have passed all the heater tests listed, so I guess it is waiting for the O2 tests to complete before clearing the HO2.

--
    MID:$41 TID:$81
    - O2 Heater Monitor Bank 1 - Sensor 1
    Max: 3A Min: 0.55A
    Test result value: 1.47A
    PASS
    ----
    MID:$42 TID:$81
    - O2 Heater Monitor Bank 1 - Sensor 2
    Max: 3A Min: 0.219A
    Test result value: 0.708A
    PASS
    ----
    MID:$45 TID:$81
    - O2 Heater Monitor Bank 2 - Sensor 1
    Max: 3A Min: 0.55A
    Test result value: 1.518A
    PASS
    ----
    MID:$46 TID:$81
    - O2 Heater Monitor Bank 2 - Sensor 2
    Max: 3A Min: 0.219A
    Test result value: 0.694A
    PASS
    ----

I have been doing the high RPM hold for HO2 (looks like that is working), and man I hit a few nice stretches of solid 40 mph / 5th gear cruise. Some of you have mentioned waking up to passed tests, so maybe it will be a nice surprise in the morning.

Finally!

It involved running through two offramp 270* corners at the steady 40 mph, but I was finally able to get to 4 minutes at 40mph. Came home and the O2 and HO2 were green.

Sigh of relief... Car is now inspected so I can start flashing all the time, again.

Potential Tuner
    Gentlemen,

I could really use some of your help. Stuck in a bit of a situation.

I have a 2013 Mustang GT (non track pack) with the following setup:

1. 3.73 gears
    2. Stock intake
    3. Lowering springs w/ Panhard bar, camber bolts, aligned OK
    4. Stock Cats are present, after cats is X pipe, with GT500 mufflers. Stock O2 sensors are also installed.

I cannot for the life of me get the thing to have the O2 and heated O2 sensors to be ready. I have followed the drive cycles every way, set cruise control to 40 mph for a 4 miles, 60 mph on the free way etc. Does anyone have any feedback? I am really in a bind here since inspection is now due.

Edit: Forgot to mention, purchased the car used, had a 93 race tune on it. Put it back on the stock tune, drove for almost 150 miles, still did not clear.

Just got another tune today supposedly to help out with the emissions. So far the same O2 and Heated O2 sensors are not ready

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Last edited by UNO87; 05-11-2018 at 06:58 PM.

I have a catless centrifugal supercharged car with long tube headers and stock strategy and set my o2 monitor settings like this... o2 monitor.jpg

I set all the cat thresholds to 0 as mentioned earlier in the thread and also set transport delay similar to a cobra jet tune. I can get all IMs to pass within a single drive cycle with only these changes.

IM monitor.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by UNO87 View Post
    Gentlemen,

I could really use some of your help. Stuck in a bit of a situation.

I have a 2013 Mustang GT (non track pack) with the following setup:

1. 3.73 gears
    2. Stock intake
    3. Lowering springs w/ Panhard bar, camber bolts, aligned OK
    4. Stock Cats are present, after cats is X pipe, with GT500 mufflers. Stock O2 sensors are also installed.

I cannot for the life of me get the thing to have the O2 and heated O2 sensors to be ready. I have followed the drive cycles every way, set cruise control to 40 mph for a 4 miles, 60 mph on the free way etc. Does anyone have any feedback? I am really in a bind here since inspection is now due.

Edit: Forgot to mention, purchased the car used, had a 93 race tune on it. Put it back on the stock tune, drove for almost 150 miles, still did not clear.

Just got another tune today supposedly to help out with the emissions. So far the same O2 and Heated O2 sensors are not ready

Thanks in advance for the help!

You can't use cruise control. 40 mph, 5th gear, 4 minutes with as little change in speed / pedal position as possible. After that hold 4800 RPM in 2nd gear for 10+ seconds.

Potential Tuner
    You can't use cruise control. 40 mph, 5th gear, 4 minutes with as little change in speed / pedal position as possible. After that hold 4800 RPM in 2nd gear for 10+ seconds.
    Thank you for the prompt response, will try this out now.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Witt, I will try out what CCS86 suggested and update this thread.

I feel your pain!

I was driving around like a grandma for 2 weeks trying to pass these tests.

Potential Tuner
    I feel your pain!

I was driving around like a grandma for 2 weeks trying to pass these tests.
    Sigh, I think it still did not do it.

I drove around for at least 4 minutes at 40 mph in 5th rpms were right below 2 k.

Then drove for at least 10 sec at 5k rpms in second. Did that twice, then drove at 40 mph in 5th again.

Got home, shut the car off, then reinserted key to check out the blinking light test. (Hold key in on position, after 15 seconds of staying solid, the engine light blinks 8 times if still not ready for emissions). Unfortunately it still blinked

I suppose I should let it sit overnight and then see if it is still acting up tomorrow morning.

Sigh, I think it still did not do it.

I drove around for at least 4 minutes at 40 mph in 5th rpms were right below 2 k.

Then drove for at least 10 sec at 5k rpms in second. Did that twice, then drove at 40 mph in 5th again.

Got home, shut the car off, then reinserted key to check out the blinking light test. (Hold key in on position, after 15 seconds of staying solid, the engine light blinks 8 times if still not ready for emissions). Unfortunately it still blinked

I suppose I should let it sit overnight and then see if it is still acting up tomorrow morning.

Have you checked the actual readiness state of the individual test with VCM Scanner, or another OBD2 dongle? You may very well be right about the blinking, but not a bad idea to double check.

Potential Tuner
    Valid point, I am placing an order now for a bluetooth OBDII monitor. I think its a good tool to have period.

Also, just curious. Is there a way to confirm that the tuner has not simply disabled the O2 sensors so they would never ever show up ready?

Can I look into the tune myself in someway to confirm whether the sensors are disabled or enabled? Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    SO I got the OBDII bluetooth diagnostics dongle. Great little device.

Please see attached the emissions readiness monitors, it appears the O2 sensors won't even be available anymore. If I read this correctly, then it seems after the fuel system code is ready I should be good on emissions! Please advise. Thanks.

Screenshot_20180512-205124_Torque (Lite).jpg

Fuel system is a continuous monitor. If it's not ready then either there's a fault (STFT+LTFT out of range) or something like LTFT or FAOSC is disabled. Without seeing your tune file, its only going to be guessing at this point.

Valid point, I am placing an order now for a bluetooth OBDII monitor. I think its a good tool to have period.

Also, just curious. Is there a way to confirm that the tuner has not simply disabled the O2 sensors so they would never ever show up ready?

Can I look into the tune myself in someway to confirm whether the sensors are disabled or enabled? Thanks!

Depends on the tune. No harm in trying to read out the tune and look (use the latest beta).