Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Anyone care to look over my current tune?

Quote Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
    Tuning in lambda has advantages and is easier once you are used to it. The white is commanded, but I am not commanding meth included.
    The commanded is .80 which is 11.5 .. exactly what I have in my PE table. The actual is .75-.76 which is about 10.8. the .7 difference is the meth.
    If the meth is loading up at the end of a pull, I think it is because there is too much being sprayed. I had this issue with my last setup and going to a smaller nozzle fixed it. Now I run dual nozzles but its a bigger setup than before.
    Yeah, have to 100% agree on using Lambda. The reality is the sensors are reading lambda anyways.. then just multiplying by whatever factor you tell it is right for whatever fuel you're running. You could put E85 in the thing and if you don't touch the AFR factor in the gauge it's still going to say 14.7:1 when you're @ stoich for that fuel

I have no feel for AFR #'s so I'm always converting them to lambda anyways at this point
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Found my notes.. Turn on is at 2. Initial is at 11.5
    As in O'clock position or volts?

Tuning in lambda has advantages and is easier once you are used to it. The white is commanded, but I am not commanding meth included.
    The commanded is .80 which is 11.5 .. exactly what I have in my PE table. The actual is .75-.76 which is about 10.8. the .7 difference is the meth.
    If the meth is loading up at the end of a pull, I think it is because there is too much being sprayed. I had this issue with my last setup and going to a smaller nozzle fixed it. Now I run dual nozzles but its a bigger setup than before.
    Gotcha. I need to figure out how to set my wideband to display lambda and change my error pid to lambda as well. I'm starting to see how much easier it is, sort of. Do you remember what size nozzle you had and what you switched to?
    Last edited by jpb1972; 04-27-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Yeah, have to 100% agree on using Lambda. The reality is the sensors are reading lambda anyways.. then just multiplying by whatever factor you tell it is right for whatever fuel you're running. You could put E85 in the thing and if you don't touch the AFR factor in the gauge it's still going to say 14.7:1 when you're @ stoich for that fuel

I have no feel for AFR #'s so I'm always converting them to lambda anyways at this point
    Hey, did you ever look into how I had my pid setup to minus the .56 (difference of 14.68 and 14.13)? I know it's kind of hokey, but I think it's actually giving me the correct reading. I would much rather do it the right way if I can figure it out.

Question (might be a stupid one) about the 2 Bar custom OS. Why don't I see a speed density tab?

Quote Originally Posted by jpb1972 View Post
    Question (might be a stupid one) about the 2 Bar custom OS. Why don't I see a speed density tab?
    Because now you have a real VE table

(in the general tab beside the MAF tables I would guess)

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Hey, did you ever look into how I had my pid setup to minus the .56 (difference of 14.68 and 14.13)? I know it's kind of hokey, but I think it's actually giving me the correct reading. I would much rather do it the right way if I can figure it out.
    I thought about it but never really understood it honestly. Using lambda is the right way to me

I just convert everything to that and it helps my brain not explode

I thought about it but never really understood it honestly. Using lambda is the right way to me

I just convert everything to that and it helps my brain not explode
    LOL! I need to do that anyway.

Because now you have a real VE table

(in the general tab beside the MAF tables I would guess)
    Ok. I didn't know if there was something wrong there.

Edit: So what is referred to as a "speed density tune" would only apply to a stock OS and not a 2 bar OS?
    Last edited by jpb1972; 04-27-2015 at 08:14 PM.

Nah it gets rid of the virtual VE stuff and just gives you a regular VE table like the good 'ol days.

Are the values in that VE table around 40 to 100 or like 800 to 2000?

Advanced Tuner
    Gotcha. I need to figure out how to set my wideband to display lambda and change my error pid to lambda as well. I'm starting to see how much easier it is, sort of. Do you remember what size nozzle you had and what you switched to?
    When I switched to the dual nozzle at 780 rwhp it was a 15 and a 10. That was too much and was loading up at the top. I went with a 10 and 5, which was back to the same amount as my 15 single nozzle setup. Now I run a 15 and 10 but my setup takes much more air and fuel now, so it works.

My wideband display actually still shows AFR, but when logging in HPT, I have it set up to show lambda. I am not even sure if my gauge can show lambda. This reminds me to look into that.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Advanced Tuner

Edit: So what is referred to as a "speed density tune" would only apply to a stock OS and not a 2 bar OS?
    You need to set up those VE tables for the OS to work properly.
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

Nah it gets rid of the virtual VE stuff and just gives you a regular VE table like the good 'ol days.

Are the values in that VE table around 40 to 100 or like 800 to 2000?
    The Main VE table in the 2 bar OS are all zeroes. Or are you talking about the VE coefficients on the stock os?

I thought there was a 2.5 bar OS for my ecu? The 2 bar only goes up to 175 KPA? Isn't that about 11 psi?
    Last edited by jpb1972; 04-27-2015 at 08:29 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    The Main VE table in the 2 bar OS are all zeroes. Or are you talking about the VE coefficients on the stock os?

I thought there was a 2.5 bar OS for my ecu? The 2 bar only goes up to 175 KPA? Isn't that about 11 psi?
    What ecu do you have ?
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

When I switched to the dual nozzle at 780 rwhp it was a 15 and a 10. That was too much and was loading up at the top. I went with a 10 and 5, which was back to the same amount as my 15 single nozzle setup. Now I run a 15 and 10 but my setup takes much more air and fuel now, so it works.

My wideband display actually still shows AFR, but when logging in HPT, I have it set up to show lambda. I am not even sure if my gauge can show lambda. This reminds me to look into that.
    I know I can't change my WB on the dash, from what I read, the AFR of 14.7 is usually burned into the gauge and can't be changed, usually. I set the 2nd output to E10 fuel at 14.13 through my innovate software, but that made no difference in the way HPT displays my WB afr, still showed 14.7 until I came up with a little mathematical equation to correct for it. Thinking I want to go lambda anyway.

I only use one nozzle, as i'm only at 12 psi right now.

What ecu do you have ?
    E38

Advanced Tuner
    I know I can't change my WB on the dash, from what I read, the AFR of 14.7 is usually burned into the gauge and can't be changed, usually. I set the 2nd output to E10 fuel at 14.13 through my innovate software, but that made no difference in the way HPT displays my WB afr, still showed 14.7 until I came up with a little mathematical equation to correct for it. Thinking I want to go lambda anyway.

I only use one nozzle, as i'm only at 12 psi right now.

E38
    Yes, in HPT you can correct it to what you want. I actually use 14.4 myself in my tune. Although the OS enhancement says 2 bar it should actually be 2.5 bar. At least it is for mine, which is an E38 also. Check that the BE reads to 255kpa. In the VE tables you can change the numbers. If I remember right I copied it from a ZR1 tune. It was a while ago though.
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

Post a screenshot.. I'm pretty sure it goes higher than that. Is there a boost VE or BVE table? I think it's a 2 bar OS that you'll be able to get.. so up to 15 psi

Yeah, so you'll need some data to fill in that VE table before it will work.. have you used blue cat's VE tool before? You can use it to generate one to start with from your old tune

Your stock computer has a bunch of crazy as hell equations that basically end up creating a VE table..

This OS (and all older computers) just have a straight up VE table. That is what is used when people refer to "SD". It's the same thing, just two different ways of doing it. A VE table is a lot easier to work with, trust me.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 04-27-2015 at 09:43 PM.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Post a screenshot.. I'm pretty sure it goes higher than that. Is there a boost VE or BVE table? I think it's a 2 bar OS that you'll be able to get.. so up to 15 psi

Yeah, so you'll need some data to fill in that VE table before it will work.. have you used blue cat's VE tool before? You can use it to generate one to start with from your old tune

Your stock computer has a bunch of crazy as hell equations that basically end up creating a VE table..

This OS (and all older computers) just have a straight up VE table. That is what is used when people refer to "SD". It's the same thing, just two different ways of doing it. A VE table is a lot easier to work with, trust me.
    You are probably right, the BVE probably picks up where the other table left off as far as the kPa.
    I will check that again later.

Did try using the bluecat, just messing around with it, but could not figure the thing out. Basically I couldn't figure out where to get some of the data it wants and how to enter it all correctly. The main table of coefecients was obvious, however I don't understand the 4 rows and how they pertain to my tune.
    Last edited by jpb1972; 04-28-2015 at 08:22 AM.

found this: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196696

Good explanation of tuning MAF, VE and using Bluecats software.

Should my STFT be disabled as well? Should I tune the VE by the lambda error or the trims? Here my error is 1 and 2, yet STFT's are -16 and -18. Maybe i'm looking at this all wrong.

Edit: STFT's are decent at idle now. Smoothed out the VE a bit. Haven't driven it yet. Still want to confirm a few things with making adjustments. Screen shot attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jpb1972; 05-07-2015 at 06:32 PM.