Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Anyone care to look over my current tune?

Quote Originally Posted by jpb1972 View Post
    That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure. Problem is my AFR error table isn't accurate because of the meth. The meth obviously causes a richer afr when it is spraying. I can't account for that in the PE EQ table.
    The meth starts its progressive about 4psi, so it's higher in the maf range. Problem is the alky kit has to build up pressure for the first spray, therefore the meth you have flowing in 2-4th gear is not the same as the first gear pull.
    Did some track logging today and had to back off the meth gain to about 4 because I was saturated by 4th gear and had 1-2 degrees of knock retard at the top of the track. This was at about 5 on the gain. Backed it off and no knock retard. Still a little richer at the top of the track then would prefer. I may have to set my PE afr EQ a bit leaner. If your interested I can post the log and config. Oh, and my FT's are a bit out of wack, especially around idle. Have to do more maf tuning. I don't think I was putting enough mileage on when logging my trims.
    I came across this thread earlier that might help some

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...d-applications
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    I didn't read this whole thread but keep in mind there are many variables with the meth. I see many guys putting dual nozzle alky kits on 600 hp setups. It is just too much meth. When I had nozzles too big it was loading up with meth and getting very rich at the end of a run.
    Julio recommends not running the controller on too low a setting, so the answer is trial and error to get the right nozzle(s) in there, not turning the setting too low.
    As an example my PE is set for 11.5 across the board. The meth drops it to 10.8 across. If the meth is set up correctly.. the change in ratio should be fairly constant. I do run mine off the maf, rather than map, so that might keep it more constant also. Not sure on that one.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Quote Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
    I didn't read this whole thread but keep in mind there are many variables with the meth. I see many guys putting dual nozzle alky kits on 600 hp setups. It is just too much meth. When I had nozzles too big it was loading up with meth and getting very rich at the end of a run.
    Julio recommends not running the controller on too low a setting, so the answer is trial and error to get the right nozzle(s) in there, not turning the setting too low.
    As an example my PE is set for 11.5 across the board. The meth drops it to 10.8 across. If the meth is set up correctly.. the change in ratio should be fairly constant. I do run mine off the maf, rather than map, so that might keep it more constant also. Not sure on that one.
    I could def. see an advantage to running it off the MAF.. that way your meth is (theoretically anyways) spraying directly proportional to how much air is going in the engine.. which makes a lot of sense.

What did you have to get to run it off the MAF?

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I could def. see an advantage to running it off the MAF.. that way your meth is (theoretically anyways) spraying directly proportional to how much air is going in the engine.. which makes a lot of sense.

What did you have to get to run it off the MAF?
    Its a small controller that just wires onto the maf wires. Julio supplies it. You can see it in this picture. I was testing it there. Now when installed it is out of sight.

Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

Its a small controller that just wires onto the maf wires. Julio supplies it. You can see it in this picture. I was testing it there. Now when installed it is out of sight.

Gotcha, cool.. will have to look into it

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

What are your settings in black box? (Turn on & Initial)
    I like the idea of the Maf switch. Running mine off of the supplied map. I don't know how you are keeping a consistent 10.8 with the meth.

Advanced Tuner
    I like the idea of the Maf switch. Running mine off of the supplied map. I don't know how you are keeping a consistent 10.8 with the meth.
    I don't remember exactly off hand. I think I have it written down. I will check when I have a chance and let you know.
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

Advanced Tuner
    Here is a scan from the dyno. Went a touch lean right at the top which I now fixed by increasing the fuel via the BE table. Other than that is its pretty much flat all the way through. This scan was of a pull that made 1009 RWHP.
    It takes some work and experimenting but you can get the fueling consistent.....as you can see.

dyno scan.PNG
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

I don't know how you are keeping a consistent 10.8 with the meth.
    I think running it via the MAF instead of MAP is helping with that.. I could be wrong though

Here is a scan from the dyno. Went a touch lean right at the top which I now fixed by increasing the fuel via the BE table. Other than that is its pretty much flat all the way through. This scan was of a pull that made 1009 RWHP.
    It takes some work and experimenting but you can get the fueling consistent.....as you can see.

dyno scan.PNG
    That is pretty dang flat aside from the end!

Advanced Tuner
    I think running it via the MAF instead of MAP is helping with that.. I could be wrong though
    Or it could be the amazing tuner..... ROFL
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

I came across this thread earlier that might help some

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...d-applications
    Great find! Thanks!

dyno scan.PNG
    Will have to check that out soon as I get home this evening.

or it could be the amazing tuner..... Rofl
    of course it is!

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I don't remember exactly off hand. I think I have it written down. I will check when I have a chance and let you know.
    This is how the last tuner set mine. Julio had me turn the initial back to 12 O'clock. Left the other one alone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

or it could be the amazing tuner..... Rofl
    lol

Advanced Tuner
    This is how the last tuner set mine. Julio had me turn the initial back to 12 O'clock. Left the other one alone.
    I have to look at mine. I remember I had to raise the turn on so that it kicks in between 3-4 lbs of boost. I think I also reduced the initial so that it didn't give too much too fast. I remember it was going rich on entry.
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

dyno scan.PNG
    Is the white graph your commanded? How are you commanding methanol included? Is it because you tune in lambda?
    This is the issue I have with AFR error % (commanded vs. actual). The error in my log is basically the difference of the meth.
    I don't know how your doing it but it looks pretty good. I need to know how this is possible. Really curious as to how you have the meth set. By the look of your IAT, the meth comes and goes like I want it to, it does not hang around and saturate the bottom of the pull.

Advanced Tuner
    Is the white graph your commanded? How are you commanding methanol included? Is it because you tune in lambda?
    This is the issue I have with AFR error % (commanded vs. actual). The error in my log is basically the difference of the meth.
    I don't know how your doing it but it looks pretty good. I need to know how this is possible. Really curious as to how you have the meth set. By the look of your IAT, the meth comes and goes like I want it to, it does not hang around and saturate the bottom of the pull.
    Tuning in lambda has advantages and is easier once you are used to it. The white is commanded, but I am not commanding meth included.
    The commanded is .80 which is 11.5 .. exactly what I have in my PE table. The actual is .75-.76 which is about 10.8. the .7 difference is the meth.
    If the meth is loading up at the end of a pull, I think it is because there is too much being sprayed. I had this issue with my last setup and going to a smaller nozzle fixed it. Now I run dual nozzles but its a bigger setup than before.
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

Advanced Tuner
    Found my notes.. Turn on is at 2. Initial is at 11.5