Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone care to look over my current tune?

Anyone care to look over my current tune?

Im brand new at tuning and have been trying to familiarize myself with doing all the research I can. I will be changing injectors and attempting to make the adjustments myself. I also will be attempting adjustments for my return fuel system. However, Im curious how good my current tune really is and if it is indeed a good starting point where I dont have to change too much. Although the car runs great most of the time, once and a while I feel like all of the power just isnt there. It seems like a little more than just the ocassional high IAT issue.

12 +/- psi boost on a centri
    Alky meth injection single nozzle
    squash return system
    66lb injectors
    Long tubes
    Catless
    Engine is stock from from top to bottom
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Why is your dynamic airflow high disable set at 2500rpm and low set at 1100rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by will15 View Post
    Why is your dynamic airflow high disable set at 2500rpm and low set at 1100rpm.
    I dont know. This tune wasnt originally done by me, but I didnt catch that. Could this be the cause of erratic fuel trims?

Have any logs to go with the tune?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Have any logs to go with the tune?
    (the hard pull is just about at the very end of the log)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jpb1972; 04-05-2015 at 07:05 AM.

K, I'll check them out in a bit

Advanced Tuner
    I would be a bit concerned with the lean spike you are getting when you have been on the gas then let off and get back on it again, what fuel system are you running now are you trying to run MAF only?.

I would be a bit concerned with the lean spike you are getting when you have been on the gas then let off and get back on it again, what fuel system are you running now are you trying to run MAF only?.
    That was my concern. Running 93 oct and straight methanol (Alky kit). It seems that it's always on the first wot, the wot directly after goes much richer. Oh, also running return fuel system with referenced reg. This has not been tuned into the car yet. I'm hoping flatlining the IFR will make a difference. Trying to get histograms together to do some logging.
    The tune is still MAF. I'm guessing the VE tables were tuned though?
    Last edited by jpb1972; 04-06-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I wouldn't even bother doing any tuning until you have the tune sorted for that type of fuel system you will be chasing your tail, if you want to run MAF only I would set dynamic airflow disable to 200 and re-enable to 150.

I wouldn't even bother doing any tuning until you have the tune sorted for that type of fuel system you will be chasing your tail, if you want to run MAF only I would set dynamic airflow disable to 200 and re-enable to 150.
    Thanks. Can you explain exactly what that does?

Quote Originally Posted by jpb1972 View Post
    Thanks. Can you explain exactly what that does?
    Forces the computer to only use the MAF for airflow calculations anytime you're over 200 RPM's, basically

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Forces the computer to only use the MAF for airflow calculations anytime you're over 200 RPM's, basically

Well said, I guess you need to make your mind up on if you want MAF only or a blend of SD and MAF. I am running MAF only on my car right now to see if I can notice a difference and to be honest I can't, have you any thoughts schpenxel what do you prefer.

Im trying to accomplish this now. I think my problem is everything I find online shows different tables then what Im seeing in my tune. Trying to set my IFR and offsets. I cant seem to get a straight answer as to how I fill in the tables and what tables I should change. Im setting the "Flow Rate vs. Pressure" as the flow rate of my injectors at 58psi. I keep seeing people referring to the table "flow rate vs. KPA" for the IFR but I dont see this table. The Offset Tables im seeing also seem to be different then what im finding. What tables should I be using to set my injectors with my return fuel system? I guess different PCM's use different tables and ways of calibrating certain things. Now im seeing things about scaling injectors over 63 lb/Hr ?

These are tabs I see.Screenshot (3).png

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have injector data, I think you said the injectors are 66lb is that at a fuel pressure of 58psi. Injector flow rate vs pressure is the table that needs to be flat lined with the right data of cause.

Do you have injector data, I think you said the injectors are 66lb is that at a fuel pressure of 58psi. Injector flow rate vs pressure is the table that needs to be flat lined with the right data of cause.
    Being told they flow 65.2 lb/hr @ 43.5 and 74 lb/hr @ 58 psi this is all the data I have. They are modified LS9 Injectors (injectors Paxton supplies with their Novi kits)

Advanced Tuner
    Ok set the injector flow vs pressure table to 74 across the board and your fuel pressure to 58psi, make sure the tune is set in imperial and not metric. See how you go with that it's about all you can do with out any other data.

Ok set the injector flow vs pressure table to 74 across the board and your fuel pressure to 58psi, make sure the tune is set in imperial and not metric. See how you go with that it's about all you can do with out any other data.
    Ok. I already did this, glad I did it right. What about the offset table?

Well said, I guess you need to make your mind up on if you want MAF only or a blend of SD and MAF. I am running MAF only on my car right now to see if I can notice a difference and to be honest I can't, have you any thoughts schpenxel what do you prefer.
    Tune both then run in blended IMO. Works best with good injector data.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    You should go MAF only set your dynamic airflow high rpm enable to 400 and high rpm renable to 200, your PE table to 1.28 across the table to get 11.5 at WOT your stoich table its wrong copy one from a stock file back, disable COT tab and start with at least 8* of timing when you finish bump it up around 12*.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jpb1972 View Post
    Ok. I already did this, glad I did it right. What about the offset table?

I have only ever used flow rate vs kpa, short pulse limit, min injector pulse. Never got any injectors with offset data so never used it.