Thread: Hanging idle when in coasting in neutral

Tuner in Training

Hanging idle when in coasting in neutral

I've been messing with an M6 ls3 camaro with the BTR 4 cam and it was running and driving great until he had his intake ported. Now, it still idles great everywhere except when you let out on the clutch while rolling in neutral, it will hold at 2000 rpm. You can push the clutch and the idle drops back where it should be then let back out and it will spike back to 2000 all while coasting in neutral. We parked it on a hill, put it in neutral and released the clutch and as soon as it started rolling the idle went straight to 2000. Have any of you run across something like this before? What would command a higher idle or more airflow only rolling with the clutch released in nuetral??? I'm stumped...

Here is a copy of the tune. I accidentally deleted the log file before I saved it and the car isn't here right now. I'll try to get one added as soon as I can.
    Matt Cotton cam.hpt

Tuning Addict
    Put your base and coastdown idle spark tables back - idle air adjustments were setup for these lower spark tables - your adding 20 degrees or better in places causing it to rev on it's own...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC