Thread: 2014 CTS- VSport TT Tuning

Tuner in Training

2014 CTS- VSport TT Tuning

Started working on this car yesterday. Did some baseline testing on the car prior to tuning.

Car immediately presented with some throttle limiting in the mid range and a bit on top end, so I raised torque limits and played with driver demand tables. The car has improved topen end power by about 40 HP so far, but as I get closer to gaining more power, the throttle has begun to fight back pretty hard. Anyone else played with these cars yet and have pointers? None of the tricks I do on supercharged C7s seem to work. At this point, I'm probably going to load the stock tune back in and restart as I have changed a BUNCH of settings to try to get rid of the throttle limiting...

E92 Stock Cal.hpt
    BH Factory Tune V1.13.hpt

Thank you! I jumped from LSX's to LNF's, but I've been waiting for someone to play with a VSport because I'll be hopping to an ATS-V as soon as they're out (or ttv6 2016 Camaro if it's offered).

Let me look thru the tune. Maybe have some ideas. Idk what type of setup they used on the ttv6. But, if it's similar to the LNF's pid then the gas pedal is a torque requested pedal and has no control over the tb. It's a balance between wgdc, tb, timing, and a few other factors to give you the requested torque based on pedal position and rpm. I'll take a peak a little later.
    Last edited by codename Bil Doe; 03-13-2015 at 11:14 AM.

Yup looks like an iteration of the ATS 2.0 ecu which grew from Bosch's LNF controller. May want to hop over to the lowly 4cyl area to read up. It'll help you a lot in understanding what's going on and how to get it to do what you want. The pedal doesn't control the throttle directly and doesn't need to.

Even comes with knock sensor control! I'm going to geek out as soon as I get one.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah. That's what I've been messing with. Playing with torque demand, peak torque, brake torque, and all kinds of stuff. I'll have a look at the 4 cyl stuff and see if I can learn anything there! Thanks!

It's too long to type up here, but all the tables are interrelated and act like "urgency" tables. It's not possible to change just one. You have to modify them all together to affect an overall change. There are several hundred tables referencing each other. It can be simplified for more accurate and repeatable tuning (hint: baro timing tables all the same), less kr, and a much more linear feel. Search LNF Bible thread. It'll take at least a month of reading to understand, but it will give you a basic understanding of how the Bosch ECU works. From there you will have a much quicker progression onto the ATS LHU discussions and (very closely related to the ATS) your ECU. Until you do, I really suggest you don't modify anything. It can be extremely dangerous.

I've been playing with an CTS and an XTS V-Sport. Fastest in the country right now with the CTS I believe. Got it to around 16 psi and holds the throttle open the whole way. Took a lot of trial and error. Check out the threads relating to tuning the 1.4 Cruze. Lots of good info that applies to your ecu.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Know this is an old thread but seeing if anyone can answer with anything they may have learned as I had an ats 2.0t and this car isnt responding at all to making boost like the e39a did and struggling making a soild number and where i can see peaks of 16 at the shift it seems to want to hold more like 12-13 lbs where I thought I had pushed it enogh and set peaks to make it have more like 18-20 lbs by setting max boost higher, bumping dc table up, knock airmass, driver demand, turned off over boost and set tables higher in diag, and even took over boost tables and set high to let it run away with boost and it still isnt.

2-25 ctsvsport 3 more knock air mass and throttlepressure drop.hpt
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Tuner in Training
    Did you ever get the tune perimeters figured out to hold boost?

Rev