Thread: Virtual VE

Virtual VE

I’m in the process of attempting to utilize the Virtual VE Correction table in the Beta version, 2.25.1637. I built a histogram to echo the X & Y axis of the VE Initial Correction Factor table using Barometric Pressure and ECT sensors (not PID’s) and corresponding label values. When scanning data, the scanner only populates the first barometric column. Sense atmospheric barometric pressure is not apt to change in a dyno situation, or on the street for that matter, I wouldn’t expect the higher label values to populate. Is that a correct assumption? I have a suspicion that I haven't made the histogram properly.

The BlueCat tool uses MAP and RPM values to make the corrections. This is easy for me to see. I do not understand using Barometric Pressure and ECT and was hoping for some information.

Quote Originally Posted by seevi View Post
    I’m in the process of attempting to utilize the Virtual VE Correction table in the Beta version, 2.25.1637. I built a histogram to echo the X & Y axis of the VE Initial Correction Factor table using Barometric Pressure and ECT sensors (not PID’s) and corresponding label values. When scanning data, the scanner only populates the first barometric column. Sense atmospheric barometric pressure is not apt to change in a dyno situation, or on the street for that matter, I wouldn’t expect the higher label values to populate. Is that a correct assumption? I have a suspicion that I haven't made the histogram properly.

The BlueCat tool uses MAP and RPM values to make the corrections. This is easy for me to see. I do not understand using Barometric Pressure and ECT and was hoping for some information.
    I believe you are looking at the wrong table. Also the SW is still not operational but if you go to Edit>Virtual Volumetric Efficiency you will see the table which replicates the one in BlueCat software. The calculate coefficients is still a work in progress.

Ed M

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Ed,

Truly appreciate your response. I'm not sure what you mean by "the SW is still not operational." I did find the table where you said it would be and you're absolutely correct about being a work in progress. This looks like a nice feature, whenever it's completed.

Senior Tuner
    barometric pressure is only read from the map sensor at the start of the ignition before the engine fires then it is not used until started again, and it would only change if u went up a hill or down a hole its not a constantly varying number so u will only have the one column being filled

Quote Originally Posted by seevi View Post
    Ed,

Truly appreciate your response. I'm not sure what you mean by "the SW is still not operational." I did find the table where you said it would be and you're absolutely correct about being a work in progress. This looks like a nice feature, whenever it's completed.
    What I mean is HPTuner is still working it and the coefficient generation is still not on-line.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Does Edit-Virtual VE not show up in the latest version? I don't see it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LEDbetter View Post
    Does Edit-Virtual VE not show up in the latest version? I don't see it anymore.
    Did you download Beta 2.25 version (think its like version 1641 or so. Virtual VE is only in the Beta at this point and as I said, still not fully operational. Still need BlueCat software using the 2.24 release (should download latest as well)

Ed M

[email protected]

Ok thank you. I was trying 2.24. My bad.

Advanced Tuner
    i didn't know about the VVE generator in the beta....just tried it out and it looks awesome...can't wait until it's fully functional!