Thread: 2005 A4 GTO Help please.

Advanced Tuner

2005 A4 GTO Help please.

Can someone look at my scan and bin and tell me why the tps only goes to 88%? I thought I removed this by setting ETC Limits to 100%

Can anyone see any problems with my car? What does "powerhop" Disabled control and how?

http://www.outlawpontiacdragseries.c...5gtomod1.0.hpt

http://www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com/scan5mod1.0.hpl

For my next trick, I will hook up the LC-1. LOL

Thanks.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

You need to log the ETC % and/or other ETC pids for the correct %. For some reason GM interprets the SAE TPS PID as absolute voltage % (ie. the % of 5V on the TPS sensor, which at WOT is something like 4.39V or 88%). Don't ask me why, i just work here...

If you log the ETC or Pedal PIDs you will see they go to 100% as expected.

edit: Powerhop is a form of torque management.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    How much can you scale the spark table on a stock 05 gto?

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.

Advanced Tuner
    Can someone look at my scan and tell me if the car is running rich? On my narrowband table I'm seeing a lot of red. Thanks

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    Can someone look at my scan and tell me if the car is running rich? On my narrowband table I'm seeing a lot of red. Thanks
    Things look fine. The red is just the O2s indicating a lean condition.. this will happen on a coast down. Nothing to worry about.

Get the LC-1 hooked up and you will be all set.

Tim

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Tim. I'm leary about trying to hook up my LC-1 as a WB and NB without a weekend to trouble shoot. Not something I want to do when I need the car for the next day. LOL. Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Jason

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone have a really tweaked bin for an 05 or 06? I feel like I'm the only one playing with this. LOL

Tuner
    Will be making a first run this moring, with new shift points and new revamped aggressive spark maps.

anyone how to increase shift quickness??
    2009 G8 GT ... stock... DD

2005 GTO A4 (heads and cam ) currently broken.... last time 12.4 @ 109 (just a TC)

Sold: 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4X4 8100 vortec RCLB [email protected]

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    You need to log the ETC % and/or other ETC pids for the correct %. For some reason GM interprets the SAE TPS PID as absolute voltage % (ie. the % of 5V on the TPS sensor, which at WOT is something like 4.39V or 88%). Don't ask me why, i just work here...

Chris...
    That may be the case but when I am at full throttle, I can still manually push the throttle blade open past where the computer takes it.

Means the throttle does not open fully without a fix.

Tuner
    whats the fix? Is that the limit of the motor inside the tb?

Senior Tuner
    That's what I am starting to think, and I am probably going to take some stuff apart this weekend to find out. I know the electric atcuator comes right off the throttle body, so I'll start there.

Advanced Tuner
    What makes you say the blade isn't opening all the way. If your doing it with the car off and smashing the pedal, I think the scanner will read 100% but the ETC MAX table will not let you have 100% throttle.

Senior Tuner
    What makes me say it's not opening all the way?
    Simple: I am scanning with the car off and manually opening the throttle to it's max by hand on the throttle blade itself. Full open makes the TPS% read 88%.

I can also mash the gas pedal, pedal position goes to 100% but TPS% goes to 83% and I can still manually open it the rest of the way to full open, at which time the TPS reading goes to 88%

Apparantly your GTO goes to full open and the TPS% of 88% and TBSS's do not.
    Last edited by BBA; 07-10-2007 at 11:48 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Ah, ok. I think I remember a discussion about the SSR throttle not working correct as well. Do a search. I don't think it was ever resolved though, but I reserve the right to be totally freakin' wrong.

Potential Tuner

Couldn't figure it out

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info, but it would be more helpful if you could screen capture of where to go exactly to make it 100%!

Abdulah

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

Chris...

Potential Tuner
    in my edit under powerhop I only have enable or disable am I missing some thing

Potential Tuner
    hello Friend , how i can open throttle at full Acceleration for sierra caprice and camaro

Start you own thread for better answers instead of posting in 8 year old threads.

Post the tune files in question with details on what you are trying to achive.

The throttle blades will always open, your foot plays the roll there and minor things like opening rate can be adjusted depending on vehicle but you may have other factors that hold it back. Like torque mngt or traction control.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.