Thread: What are my narrowbands telling me?

Advanced Tuner

What are my narrowbands telling me?

I have been noticing this for a while now, but mostly ignored it because I'm tuning my maf in open loop using my wideband, but one of my o2 sensors seems to swing like crazy. What is my b1s1 o2 sensor trying to tell me here...is it a leak or a byproduct of being in open loop for some reason? I need to take a scan with my "normal" tune with dfco, cfco and closed loop enabled. '12 base vette m6 with halltech mf103, ported IM, ported TB, 1-7/8 headers, 3" exhaust and tr6i plugs.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sevinn; 12-08-2014 at 11:48 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    if you are running open loop, you need to retune your maf curve.

also if your sensors are not switching as need be check your timing as it could be too advanced, but if you cruising and your Mv (o2's) staying flat

also since you have headers you need to adjust for integrator delay.
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 12-08-2014 at 02:18 AM.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

If you're in open loop and a narrowband is switching, it means that bank is hovering around stoich.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    ^^^ what he said.

If you're in open loop and your commanded lambda is 1.0, and you see the narrowbands changing dramatically from high to low, then you're right around 1.0. A small % rich and you'll see the narrowband sensor swing to a pretty high voltage...a small % lean, and you'll see the narrowband drop off quite a bit.

Perfectly normal...it's actually telling you that your narrowbands and wideband agree.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks very much for your replies, it's a bit of a relief to read that it's normal behavior for when I'm running scans in open loop (it's my intention to run the car in CL on the regular).

My tune is very much a work in progress as I'm still working on the maf curve (this was my second scan since switching to the mf103 from the airaid I had) and haven't even touched VE yet, but I think I got stuck in a place where I'm trying to be too exact with my changes and I'm losing a bit of the polynomial feel to the curve. I need to look into integrator delay as I've never read about that before!

My timing table is mostly stock (I've actually dropped timing in some sectors to try to get rid of some KR I was seeing), but it very well could be too advanced. The help is much appreciated!
    Last edited by sevinn; 12-08-2014 at 11:51 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Should I decrease the integrator delay table to adjust or LTs? I can't seem to find a consensus and my assumption is that I would want to decrease the delay since the actual sensor is farther away now.