Thread: 2008 Silverado Won't start - cranks, fires, runs, then dies

Tuner in Training

2008 Silverado Won't start - cranks, fires, runs, then dies

I did a turbo kit, 80e swap and cam install on a 2008. Got everything bolted back and ready to go, and it won't stay running.

It's still on the previous DOD delete tune from a previous cam swap, along with the 60e tune

My question is, is the segment tune for the 80e a must to make it "run?" I'm just wanting it to fire up to check for leaks.

When I crank it and runs for 1-2 seconds and dies, it has 40+ psi oil pressure. I deleted both VATs, verified that the fuel pump is not being killed.

Old cam was 224/230 .581 .592 -110
    New cam 228/232 .601 .595 112

MAF plugged in or disconnected, the same thing happens.

What am I missing?

here's what it's doing . . . . 2008 Silverado starts, runs, but won't stay runnin - YouTube

Turbo Kit will change air intake model so some work will be needed on the MAF/VE. Without a log or a copy of the tune, add 1.5g to Startup Airflow table and Airflow Final Minimum table. Idle rpm should be like 850rpm and make sure there is a bit of help (higher idle at first start tapering off after 15 secs or so) from the Startup Idle RPM table. Make sure with Key On Engine off (KOEO) and scanner running the map reads Baro (101kPa at sea level). When starting watch TPS% and make sure it is some wheres like 21-24% and not closing.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    here's the tune file that I'm using. I'm just trying to get it running to check for leaks, and to fill the transmission.
    A local guy, Chuck Anders tuned this truck, not myself.
    It's currently tuned for the 22/230 N/A cam

I'm open for any suggestions.
    Attached Files Attached Files