Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 6l80e with tap shift no BCM

Tuner in Training
    yes. There are other settings that can override it and force an upshift or not allow a manual downshift though. I forget their labels, but you should see settings in the shift scheduling tab that relate to max RPM or vehicle speed allowed in the up/down shift parameters
    Last edited by sgtbilko; 03-19-2024 at 12:25 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Well ive got this working on the car. Its using the Lokar PRND 6L shifter. But as I mentioned, and also as I see others in this thread have experienced, once tutd mode is engaged its stuck there. No time out etc. The only way out of it is to shift to N and then back to D. Quite annoying.
    I see corvettes have an "S" position on the shifter after D. Seems thats how they go into/outof sport mode (where TUTD is available).
    Also, I think the wiring shown may be backwards, when we first got this running the "UP" caused a downshift and vise versa.

Potential Tuner
    Any of you guys use a shift indicator that ties into the canbus like these?

https://www.zerogravityperformance.c...ar-indicators/

Cant find any reviews from users on them in a search on the net.

Advanced Tuner
    i have the square unit in 1 of my cars, a few of the led's died pretty quickly.

but have the smaller round units in customer cars and they are fine are years.

Tuner
    Hi, I?m trying to set this to work on a 6L90e with the OS 24254909 but is not working. It doesn?t change the status to TUTD mode. I?ve tried multiple times with D6 and D4 without success. I?ve disabled the related codes given some previous post, no luck.

PS: I?ve tried this successfully on some 6L80 and 90s with the resistor/switch configuration without problems...

File attached. Please help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    i have the square unit in 1 of my cars, a few of the led's died pretty quickly.

but have the smaller round units in customer cars and they are fine are years.
    Thanks Tre-Cool for the feedback.

Potential Tuner
    I have a car that I am having problems with. It is a 71 Chevelle restomod with a PSI conversions harness and ECU, and no BCM. The engine and transmission is a low mile pull out from 2010 L99 6L80 Camaro SS. It has a Zero gravity performance paddle shifter (with CAN display) that mounts behind steering wheel. I have removed the ECU and TCU, sent them to Zero gravity to be programed and reinstalled them. We still do not have functioning paddle shifters. The shifter assembly wires directly to pin 7 on TCU connector. I have contacted PSI next, they were trying to help me. They sent me a vetted file and some ideas. They also sent me copies of wiring diagrams to check, all verified to be correct. They suggested I contact Powertrain solutions. So I emailed them and am waiting for emails back. Everything else work as it should. There are no codes in the ECU or TCU. I have sport mode when the shifter moves, but it never changes to TUTD. I have checked the signal coming from the paddles (with multimeter) at pin number 7, and I get no response but the CAN display on the paddle mount has an arrow that displays up and down arrow as the paddles are depressed. What should the value read on pin number 7 when the paddles are depressed up and down?