Thread: E40 GTO Flex Fuel Spark Tables

E40 GTO Flex Fuel Spark Tables

I am finally going back to e85 but I'm having trouble with the flex fuel spark tables.

I already have the Alcohol composition sensor installed and the fuel adjusting accordingly.

In the picture below I boxed in red what I have currently modified to add timing with more Alcohol. As you can see their is a table that will allow interpolation between the GAS modifier table and the Alcohol modifier table.

I would prefer to use the table boxed in orange as it is identical to the main spark tables but I do not see a way for timing to interpolate between this table and the main spark table?

Does anyone have experience with this?
    Am I missing something or is a table simply not shown yet?

Just grab a flex fuel vehicle 6.0l truck etc..compare the flex tables and you should be golden.
    06 Grand Prix GXP, LS4-full bolt ons, Tuned by me

I compared it to a P59 file an the "Flex Fuel" table is populated but I do not see a table that shows at what Alcohol % it starts adding/subtracting those values.
    Also the other spark modifier tables for Gas and Alcohol do not exist on the P59 controller.

Tuner in Training
    Bumping this thread because I have the exact same question and it doesn't seem to be answered 100% after searching the forum. Any input guys?

Advanced Tuner
    Disclosure: I haven't done a flex setup yet, this is all only info I've gathered from study.
    I'm pretty sure they both use the same "multi vs fuel comp" table. If look at some genV OSs you'll see the "multi vs fuel comp" is gone and replaced with another e85 table that's virtually the same thing. I'm not sure if this is simply a change in labeling (by hpt or GM) or a completely different table.

Tuner in Training
    That's what I figured, just wanted to confirm. Thanks