Thread: Does the timing table look ok?

Tuner in Training

Does the timing table look ok?

Just wondering if the timing table looks ok for a built LS7 248/256 .658 .658 114+3 if slowly been adjusting timing up along with adjusting the VE and maf for this, any suggestions would be nice. I would post a datalog but I haven't logged anything after doing some changes to this one, but normally maybe 1 KR at any given spot randomly. Could I run more timing for 93 10%ethonal on this tune?
    timecahngeandmaf.hpt

What is your static/dynamic compression ratio? If you are still at 11:1, then you likely will not see any appreciable gains with more timing than you already have.

I'm more curious about the changes to the Knock Sensor settings....How did you come about those numbers for the Initial/Min thresholds, and the per cylinder multipliers?

As a comparison, I have a LS7 stock bottomend, cam 236/256 .660 111, ported/milled heads, with about 12.3-4:1 compression, and on 93 Shell can only run 17.5-18 near peak trq (4.8-5.2k rpms), ramping up to 22.5at 7.2k rpms.

IF you have access to a dyno, that would be the most certain way of knowing. When I had my car on the dyno lasst year, before the head porting/milling, I ran about 20.5 at peak trq, and ramped up to 24, the car didn't gain any power adding 1 degree, and removing 2 degrees, it only lost like 5hp/7trq. So as long as you're in the ballpark, I think there isn't much to be had with nitpicking timing. OR afr's for thst matter. I moved a .5 point richer/leaner from 12.5, and again next to no difference on the dyno.