Thread: How to disable active fuel management on the LS3/L99

How to disable active fuel management on the LS3/L99

I wanted to help a family member out by disabling the cylinder cut off.. can someone point me in the right direction?

2011 5th Gen SS

Senior Tuner
    Engine - Fuel - COT, Lean Cruise - Displacement On Demand General - DOD (switch from enable to disable)
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Engine - Fuel - COT, Lean Cruise - Displacement On Demand General - DOD (switch from enable to disable)
    Thank you!

Senior Tuner
    No problem.

Tuner in Training
    is there an way for the dealer to see that you have turned this off (given that you turn it back on before taking it to the dealer) or been in the pcm at all? hoping to be able to turn this off on the '08 Tahoe I just bought without voiding m warranty. Don't want them to know I was in there. Having HP tuner to tune the Camaro just turned into a bonus if I can do this with out my warranty for the Tahoe
    Last edited by ANTIVNM; 12-10-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Can anyone from HP Tuners help me with the above question please?

Senior Tuner
    08 Tahoe PCM should not have a flash counter.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, first time I've heard of a "flash counter?" Is that exactly as it sounds? How do I see or find out for sure if it has one or not?

So far all I did was make a file of the stock of program to look at on the laptop.