Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wont start after writing tune

Senior Tuner
    I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 seconds and that did the trick too Chris. It won't restart so I do that, then it fires right up.

I'm not convinced a write entire of my stock file completely overwrote the 2.5bar os either, the fans do some strange things that they shouldn't do according to the settings in the tune, and the car won't enter dfco when it should. I think I should flash back to stock with GM TIS...lots of weird bugs that I can't explain going on.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 seconds and that did the trick too Chris. It won't restart so I do that, then it fires right up.

I'm not convinced a write entire of my stock file completely overwrote the 2.5bar os either, the fans do some strange things that they shouldn't do according to the settings in the tune, and the car won't enter dfco when it should. I think I should flash back to stock with GM TIS...lots of weird bugs that I can't explain going on.
    There's no way that can happen, when you write the PCM the first step is to erase everything so there's no chance of a partial reflash. Probably disconnecting the battery is having the same effect as letting the car sit awhile.
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    ok I answered my own question... using 2.24.271 I get no more AC Disabled message, and it starts much faster immediately after flashing! Good Job thanks!!!!!!
    Were can the download be found?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    There's no way that can happen, when you write the PCM the first step is to erase everything so there's no chance of a partial reflash. Probably disconnecting the battery is having the same effect as letting the car sit awhile.
    I flashed back to stock via TIS...then I downloaded the tune, opened my previous tune as a compare, right clicked everything in the comparison log, clicked copy over differences...and now DFCO works, the fans don't do anything they shouldn't do...I can't explain it.

The car also restarts perfectly fine after a flash using these newer builds now. Something was messed up in my E38 I guess...seems to be all set now though.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    I see new builds of the latest VCM suite are being built but where does one get a copy from?
    Thanks
    I am running 2.24.136
    Cheers
    Mat

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmat View Post
    I see new builds of the latest VCM suite are being built but where does one get a copy from?
    Thanks
    I am running 2.24.136
    Cheers
    Mat
    You just have to re-download 2.24 from your costomer page to get the latest builds.
    Jaime

Potential Tuner

98' LS1 Won't Start After Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    please email me directly regarding this issue. I've tried solving this problem around 5 times in the past but everyone who emails me about it cannot tell me why the engine won't start (eg. is it fuel pressure, spark, VATS or some other thing) or their problems suddenly "fix themselves". GM themselves have problems with some E38's but it seems the Camaro has an oddball issue. We see people not keying on/off correctly with push button start vehicles etc. I think I can solve the problem pretty quickly once I actually know what it is.

BTW, there is no danger of write entire vs. cal only. Both are fully recoverable in case of a write failure. The E38's have a boot sector that is not flashed.
    Chris, I am having this same issue. Down loaded / Uploaded for the first time after leaning the basics. My car simply did not start again after the write up. I know this an old post but need to know if you could help me out. Is there any way to bring back the original settings?

Tuner in Training
    Im having the same issue with my s10 swap. It will not start for 10min or so and I have to pump the gas a few times because its stumbling. once it revs clean im good, perfect idle . Then it will start every time until I use editor again. No mater if I change on cell or all or them it does it every time. Very inconvenient when at the track for test and tune and your car wont start in the lanes .
    Any body resolve this issue. Im using beta 2.25!