Thread: Prevent closing Scanner without saving or loosing Log data

Prevent closing Scanner without saving or loosing Log data

I searched but didn't find anything.

If I have done this once I have done it 100 times. It would be so nice if when I closed the Scanner I would be prompted to save the data. Lost data is frustrating. When you forget and click the X the program closes and all data is lost.

What would be really really nice is when you are driving and logging you could press the space bar to stop the log and it automatically saves the data in a default location. That way you don't have to stop the car and save the data before logging more data. So in other words every time you stop logging the data is saved and you can start logging again immediately.

As it is now if you are logging and then stop logging and then start logging again the first log is lost.

Does this sound like a good idea to you?

Advanced Tuner
    yes id like this also. logged while on the dyno and was excited and just closed it without think. so now I spend 100 and lost my logs
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

I'd rather just see HPT autosave a log when you stop scanning.
    Last edited by DSteck; 06-03-2013 at 01:46 PM.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Agreed, I would settle for a closing prompt (Save data y/n) but would MUCH prefer automatic saving which makes more since.
    Last edited by OldFartC6; 06-04-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: type-o

Senior Tuner
    I've lost more logs than I've saved...autosave when you stop logging OR when you lose connection (sometimes it happens...especially on cars where the OBD2 port is close to the clutch pedal ) PLEASE!!!
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

I just noticed that on the Main Suggestion Thread that thread #4 / Item #4 suggests adding the Scanner auto-saving function a long time ago. Wondering why something so simple and so useful never got implemented. Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    600 HP Edelbrock E Force Kit
    No other mods

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Agreed 100%.

Senior Tuner
    I'd like to see it too. Especially when an archaic program like Autotap was auto saving logs when stopped over 10 years ago.

I was doing some logging today and I would hit the space bar to start logging for about 30 seconds and hit the space bar again to stop logging. Then try and find a place to pull over so I can save the LOG and do it all over again.

Auto-save would be a great addition. A mediocre programmer wouldn't take an hour to add this.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFartC6 View Post
    I just noticed that on the Main Suggestion Thread that thread #4 / Item #4 suggests adding the Scanner auto-saving function a long time ago. Wondering why something so simple and so useful never got implemented. Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    I agree
    86 Monte SS w/98 LS1 A4. Z06 Intake, MTI B1 cam(221/221, .558/.558 - 114 LSA), Manley springs and retainers, Grannetelli 85mm Mass Air, stock TB, Hooker LT headers, Cats & H-pipe.:drive: 12.64@112 on street tires.

I wish we would hear something from the owner.
    I made four logs yesterday. Got back in the driveway and only found three. I must have written over one of them again or screwed of the file name. I know it's my own fault but we really need this.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Bump - darn lost more data. This really needs to be done! AUTOSAVE please please please
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Advanced Tuner
    agree please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Tuner in Training
    I wasted about $100 in gas (I live in rural Labrador, so I have high gas prices and I drive a giant 2500HD CCSB) because of lost log files.

I've since become very careful, but I can see myself doing that all over again though.

Tuner in Training
    Version 3.6 autosaves the logs when you stop scanning. They are in the "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\HP Tuners\Logs" folder. It may be available before this version.

Auto save has been around for like a year I think.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.