Thread: SD Open loop tuning, Rich at part throttle.

Potential Tuner

SD Open loop tuning, Rich at part throttle.

I started tuning my ve table using SD. Im pretty new to HP tuners and am not sure if I have everything set correctly.
    I followed the guide to set up SD and getting it to stay in closed loop. I disabled long term and stft's.
    It will run around 13.0:1 - 11.5:122.hptAttachment 38681
    Does it when MAP is below 30kpa, under 6% tps, and around 1800 to 3800 rpms
    In the log check it @ 6 min to show what it does.

I also included my current VCM file.
    I have tried taking ALL the fuel out in those tables and it seems to do nothing. Nothing I have tried has made it any better.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PDavis40; 04-09-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Don't know if this helps anything.. It's does the same thing revving the engine not moving. If I hold it from 1800 up to 3k or 4k it runs rich. Just holding it at a steady pace. It revs fine and throttle response is good

Quote Originally Posted by PDavis40 View Post
    I started tuning my ve table using SD. Im pretty new to HP tuners and am not sure if I have everything set correctly.
    I followed the guide to set up SD and getting it to stay in closed loop. I disabled long term and stft's.
    It will run around 13.0:1 - 11.5:122.hptAttachment 38681
    Does it when MAP is below 30kpa, under 6% tps, and around 1800 to 3800 rpms
    In the log check it @ 6 min to show what it does.

I also included my current VCM file.I have tried taking ALL the fuel out in those tables and it seems to do nothing. Nothing I have tried has made it any better.

Thanks in advance
    No file...also post any logs and .cfg files you used.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    No file...also post any logs and .cfg files you used.

Ed M
    they were up there but i dont know if i did it right. This should be correct.
    view the log at 6 min.. thats where it does it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Ive been doing some reading and found I dont have these settings...
    Main VE

Primary VE vs. RPM vs. MAP: This table is used to determine airmass per cylinder in case of MAF failure (Speed Density Mode) and also to provide a base airflow value to check for MAF failure. It is also used to provide transient condition correction to the VCM main airmass calculations.
    Primary VE Multiplier: Used to correct the primary VE table under certain conditions. This table is enabled in HP Tuners "1 bar Speed Density Enhanced" package.
    Secondary VE vs. RPM vs. MAP: This table is used in some code variations when MAF failure is detected.

VE - Idle: This table defines the volumetric efficiency and is used to determine airmass per cylinder when at idle.
    VE - High RPM: This table defines the volumetric efficiency and is used to determine airmass per cylinder during high RPM operation.
    VE - Low RPM Single Fire: This table defines the volumetric efficiency and is used to determine airmass per cylinder during low RPM operation in single fire fuel mode.
    VE - Low RPM Double Fire: This table defines the volumetric efficiency and is used to determine airmass per cylinder during low RPM operation in double fire fuel mode.
    VE - Low RPM Coastdown: This table defines the volumetric efficiency and is used to determine airmass per cylinder during low RPM operation during coastdown.
    VE Offset: This value is used to offset the entire VE table to enable VE values greater than 100%. The editor automatically includes the offset value in its display.

Also previous tuner turned on the enhancement 1 bar maf.. I want 1 bar Map.. how do I change that?
    Or how do I change the enhancement?
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Are you running after market injectors ?