Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 4

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bluecat, please shoot me an email [email protected] when you have a moment, I sent an email to the one I have on file but not sure if you got it or not.

Thanks,
    Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post
    You did everything fine, that's what its supposed to look like. Just like GM's oem VE tables, a lot of the EQ stuff looks pretty rough. Some actually look good, even a few of the VVT ones are very clean and the engineers actually put some love into them.

There is likely an LS7 VE table under Samples that will give you a start in the right direction.

As far as VE format there is no "right" one. There is no format on an EQ setup, so the table type you use is entirely up to you. I personally prefer a LS1 looking table with RPM across the top. I've tuned more GENIII stuff than I have anything else and it just feels more natural to me. I personally hate LS2 tables, even though the MAP across the top is more standard in the GM world. As a result the formats I made and declared LS3 follow those guide lines. The exception is the 1.75 bar and that's because its a HPT custom os format. All the files I save for myself and the examples included that are for EQ based vehicles are in my flavor of "LS3" stuff.
    awesome, thanks. one more question though, and i'm sure this is a simple one too, regarding the samples. when i try to open one of them i get the error message in the attached pic. do i just need to update my .net framework somehow or is there something else i'm doing wrong?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Cool, I understand completely about the extra buttons and screen real estate. Even my tuning laptop is a 17.3" screen, but I know a lot of people use netbooks/laptops with 10-12" screens so it's important.

Using the Transpose Clipboard works perfectly for me now, can copy coeffs in and out no problem. Wish Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V worked though, but Im an IT guy and am used to keyboard shortcuts for most things.
    I know what you mean. I'm a Ctrl+Insert / Shift+Insert kinda guy myself. I'll look into adding shortcut keys.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Would it be possible to show the axes and labels on the 3D graph? Sometimes I don't realize I'm looking at it backward from how I thought I was looking at it. Or when selecting a portion of the VE table to do something with the data, can the color on the 3D graph change to help us see that we're highlighting where we want to highlight?
    Adding axis labels to the 3D Graph would take a little work. That's why they aren't already there, lol. Also I actually went to add a marker in the table to show the location of the graphs pointer, but the way its setup currently it creates a redraw issue. It not a big deal, but I wasn't ready to spend the time with it that day.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_SS View Post
    awesome, thanks. one more question though, and i'm sure this is a simple one too, regarding the samples. when i try to open one of them i get the error message in the attached pic. do i just need to update my .net framework somehow or is there something else i'm doing wrong?

Thanks again
    I love .net. That file hasn't had that extension at all the entire time the new version has been developed. I have no idea where that came from. There isn't a single reference to "table_dim.txt" in the entire project. I just checked lol. And the old version wasn't even remotely upgrade-able by the vb6 project upgrade wizard. So I had to copy and convert every line of code by hand. And I'm pretty sure I changed the extension as soon as it was copied into the new project. I don't even think it was compiled or ran a single time as ".txt"
    No idea what to tell you on that one. It just when opening one example ve?

vb.net?? AHHHH!!!!

Looks good though.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    I love .net. That file hasn't had that extension at all the entire time the new version has been developed. I have no idea where that came from. There isn't a single reference to "table_dim.txt" in the entire project. I just checked lol. And the old version wasn't even remotely upgrade-able by the vb6 project upgrade wizard. So I had to copy and convert every line of code by hand. And I'm pretty sure I changed the extension as soon as it was copied into the new project. I don't even think it was compiled or ran a single time as ".txt"
    No idea what to tell you on that one. It just when opening one example ve?
    SPEAK ENGLISH.

LOL, i have no idea what the deal is either, it does that when i open any of the sample files.

Advanced Tuner
    EDIT: figured it out i think. if i open EQ VE and then file>open>sample file, it works fine....i just can't open the sample folder and then pick a file to open. no issues now!
    Last edited by 2000_SS; 03-06-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    i can't seem to open the .BVE sample files though, only .BEQ's.

Tuner
    i can't seem to open the .BVE sample files though, only .BEQ's.
    You have to have the VE Table screen open and you can open the .BVE files from there. And you have to have the equations screen open to get the .BEQ files open.
    Bryan

Senior Tuner

Thanks again
    You screenshot shows EQ < > VE 3.5 (look carefully behind the error message), there must be a file association on your computer trying to open those files in the older ktoonsez version when you double click on them.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Advanced Tuner
    if i open a ls2 example file in the ve table and try to copy and paste my e40 ls2 ve table it doesn't work as the map hystogram reference are different 15,20.625,26.25,31.875,37.5,43.125,48.75,54.375,60 ,65.625,71.25,76.875,82.5,88.125,93.75,99.375,105 so it will paste only the column without decimal (15,60,etc..). The second one for example is 21 on hptuners so it will not be pasted.
    Is there any way to let it work at the first or do i need to change manually the hystogram settings and then paste it?

Advanced Tuner
    Got it, thanks guys.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    vb.net?? AHHHH!!!!

Looks good though.
    Don't poke to much about VB, lol.

I've been writing in Basic since I was in the 3rd grade when it was gwbasic.com and basica.com. Even a few years later when I needed a more powerful platform I wrote in assembly with MASM and linking the obj files back to calls from basic. It wasn't until I was teenager that I started using C. I still use C quite often, especially when doing microcontroller stuff. I know several languages, but Basic is and will always be my "native tongue" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by ingsteve View Post
    if i open a ls2 example file in the ve table and try to copy and paste my e40 ls2 ve table it doesn't work as the map hystogram reference are different 15,20.625,26.25,31.875,37.5,43.125,48.75,54.375,60 ,65.625,71.25,76.875,82.5,88.125,93.75,99.375,105 so it will paste only the column without decimal (15,60,etc..). The second one for example is 21 on hptuners so it will not be pasted.
    Is there any way to let it work at the first or do i need to change manually the hystogram settings and then paste it?
    Yeah that's my fault. The KPA values in the ls2 format are not even. They are 5 5/8 (5.625) kpa per cell derived from 90kpa / 16. Because my program on the equation side does table lookups, i didn't want the raw data to be rounded. I display them rounded in my views just like HPT, but HPT actually has the axis data rounded off. And when doing table pastes with labels, they have to match perfect to what they have or they don't go.

Can you just paste the selection with out the label data? It should go then as axis formatting is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    You screenshot shows EQ < > VE 3.5 (look carefully behind the error message), there must be a file association on your computer trying to open those files in the older ktoonsez version when you double click on them.
    Glad you caught that, lol. My version isn't even setup for that stuff. Even if he breaks the association with V3.5 and changes it to mine, mine will ignore the data passed to it on program start. Another thing to add I guess.

Advanced Tuner
    EQ 3.5 was still installed on my laptop when i tried opening the bve sample files, it was the default program for those file extensions. i've uninstalled it since then and now know to open the sample files from the eq ve program, and not just click on the file itself.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah that's my fault. The KPA values in the ls2 format are not even. They are 5 5/8 (5.625) kpa per cell derived from 90kpa / 16. Because my program on the equation side does table lookups, i didn't want the raw data to be rounded. I display them rounded in my views just like HPT, but HPT actually has the axis data rounded off. And when doing table pastes with labels, they have to match perfect to what they have or they don't go.

Can you just paste the selection with out the label data? It should go then as axis formatting is irrelevant.

There isn't the paste only function with right click on your program so it doesn't matter wheter in HPTuner i do copy or copy with labels....i can select paste with labels only....i tried also paste average,etc but still not working...
    If you include paste only function it should be solved.

I know this program is not intended to use for E40 but i was playing on it to see other GMVe tables and i think it might be useful in some circustance to do paste only even for other cars ECU...
    Last edited by ingsteve; 03-08-2013 at 04:31 AM.

You don't have to pick from the advanced selections on the sub menus for copy or paste. Clicking the copy or paste from the main context menu that the sub context menus branch off of is just the normal old copy and paste.