Thread: Integrator delay and headers ZL1 Camaro

Tuner

Integrator delay and headers ZL1 Camaro

I have been getting P015B and P015D(O2 Delayed Response) since installing Kooks headers on my 2012 Camaro ZL1. I had read in some other threads that increasing the airflow integrator delay might solve this because of the greater distance to the O2's. It hasn't worked. Codes still come back. Tried increasing the table by 35% and then by 50%. Has anyone had luck with this table with long tube headers? Should i just give up and turn off the codes? Or I am going the wrong way and should decrease the integrator so the O2's switch faster? FWIW I still have the Kooks Cats on it.

Also installed a 9.55 pulley and working on the tune for that as well. Any advice? So far I changed the MAP Boost disable to 250Kpa and enable to 240 Kpa and the boost doesn't cut out anymore. As well as pulled about 5 deg advance in the lower right quadrant of the high octane spark table to be safe at first. All the LTFT still looks like stock so I haven't messed with the MAF table yet. Also changed the fans to come on sooner. So very minor changes so far and it runs very strong. So what else should I look at besides fine tuning the High Octane Spark and PE?
    Last edited by ZO6_Bryan; 12-20-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    Bryan

Tuner
    Was there ever a verdict on whether "integrator delay" is the same as "transport delay"?
    Bryan

Tuner
    Bump. Hasn't anyone have advice on the integrator delay table.
    Bryan

I'd just disable the rear 02's and fuggeddaboudit.

As far as any other tuning, there is a buttload of torque management in the NA LS3, not sure about the ZL1 though. I took most of mine out & set up the launch control for 3k instead of 5k rpm, & worked out the NLS from vette info posted.

If you see weird random KR spikes in the 5000-5500 range under a hard constant pull, look at the Burst KR tables. I would see this in about 1 of 5 pulls with no rhyme or reason.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 12-22-2012 at 10:17 AM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner
    Where do you find "launch control RPM" in the tune. Is it the "wheel speed limit"?
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by ZO6_Bryan View Post
    Where do you find "launch control RPM" in the tune. Is it the "wheel speed limit"?
    Any way that you could post up your tune? I haven't had a chance to browse through a ZL1 file yet.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Any way that you could post up your tune? I haven't had a chance to browse through a ZL1 file yet.
    Sure, here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by ZO6_Bryan View Post
    Yep, here's where I ended up. Might be a bit low but Phat Bee is in storage until spring now. 3200 might be better for mine.

Note the Control Method changes as well. Thanks for sharing your file btw.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    I'd just disable the rear 02's and fuggeddaboudit.

As far as any other tuning, there is a buttload of torque management in the NA LS3, not sure about the ZL1 though. I took most of mine out & set up the launch control for 3k instead of 5k rpm, & worked out the NLS from vette info posted.

If you see weird random KR spikes in the 5000-5500 range under a hard constant pull, look at the Burst KR tables. I would see this in about 1 of 5 pulls with no rhyme or reason.
    Actually, the codes P015b and P015d I'm getting are for the front O2's, not the rear.
    Bryan

^^^ Missed that, sorry. 02's are pretty far downstream. I see you tried raising the delay 50%, but the 02's ar eprob 4 times as far downstream now. Maybe double or triple the delay? Perhaps a pro can chime in here.

Hmm, I would think that based on what I'm seeing I'd reduce the Integrator Delay Table to make up for the slower oscillation times of your front O2's.

I agree with your methods on actually fixing this problem rather than disabling the codes. Seems to me like that would hinder your fuel economy quite a bit.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Advanced Tuner
    Just because I found this thread when looking for a solution to the same problem as the OP..

I experimented a little with reducing the integrator delay as suggested above.. First step I went ahead and took 25% out of the idle and low airflow cells. So far so good, the oscillations in o2 readings have quickened up. I didn't have much time with the car (12 CTS-v) to see if the codes come back, but I will have my hands on it again in a couple weeks. Will follow up then.

I think you need a Fast 02 Coefficient table which I dont think HP Tuners has, I have it with CATS haven't played with it but basically from what I understand is its how fast the computer adapts to current changes in 02 mv, and the transition from old o2 value to new value how fast it reacts. STOCK is set to all 1's which is basically instant and no transition from old o2 values to new are implemented.

All I believe integrator delay does it delay how fast your LTFT react to changes.

So if you are 5% lean, normally stock your LTFT will adjust within X amount of seconds, you can change that with integrator delay, that still doesn't really help you car run any better. Its only good to slow down the learning process ei... So after start up your LTFT don't adjust right away, or if when you're decelling, so that your LTFT don't go rich just before you hit DFCO..

Thats all Integrator delay does on my E38

You may want the Fast 02 coefficients changes and or also take 50% off your fast o2 switching table and aim for 450 lean/rich see if that helps. I do not believe these ECM's use Transport delay, they use these coefficient formulas.
    Last edited by mourat; 06-01-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Bringing this back , just did a 2013 ZL1 , turned off the codes , but they still show when reading DTC ?

Uncheck SES enabl and set to 3 - No Error Reported. No issues on my 2012 LS3. Perhaps you missed a few codes?