Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P0327-Knock Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

P0327-Knock Sensor Circuit Low Voltage

I had the P0327-Knock sensor circuit low voltage code pop up on my camaro about a month ago. I changed both the knock sensors and the pigtail for the knock sensors. Now after driving about 20 minutes I get P0327-Knock sensor circuit low voltage (Old) (Immature).

I can delete the code and it comes back after about 20 minutes of driving. Can anyone help me out. Is the problem corrected???

Thanks in advance

Anybody?
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds like a harness problem since you replaced both sensors.

I replaced the sensors with GM and the Pigtail with GM.

This is what i have done so far to troubleshoot the new pigtail, sensors and the wiring from the Pigtail to the ECU

I connected a DMM to pin 11 and unplugged the pigtail from the harness wiring. I found continuity between both.

I did the same as above but connected to pin 51 and the other side of the connector where the pigtail connects.

I then connected the pigtail back up and read the ohms from pin 11 on the ECU to ground. I found 99 ohms.

I then did the same thing as above with pin 51 and read 97 ohms.

While reading the ohms across the sensors i also wiggled the wiring harness to see if the ohms dropped out and they didnt.

This tells me that the knock sensors and the wiring is good. Now the question is, is everything ok and what does (old) (immature) mean?? Any opinions would be appriciated.
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More

Anybody have an opinion?
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More

I have tried it all also and I still throw the code sometimes. I am also fighting knock at just 10 psi. If I figure something out this weekend I will be sure to post.

Thanks ghost-1
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More

Advanced Tuner
    (immature) means that it hasn't fully developed into setting a MIL yet. For instance, if it takes 3 failures within 10 key cycles and only 1 failure has happened it will show as (immature)

(old) means it is old data that will no longer qualify to set a code, but is still stored for diagnostic reasons.

So, if you are still getting the immature codes, you are still having a problem. It just isn't happening frequently enough to set the MIL.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost-1 View Post
    I have tried it all also and I still throw the code sometimes. I am also fighting knock at just 10 psi. If I figure something out this weekend I will be sure to post.
    did you happen to figure anything out?
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More

Ok so after doing everything above I replaced the wiring going to the PCM from the Knock sensor Pigtail. This did not fix the problem

I then changed the PCM and downloaded the program and 2 miles down the road the code came back.

When i got the car home i disconnected the pigtail that is located behind the intake and measured the millivolts and resistance while running. The millivolts on the rear sensor fluctuated from 70mv-100mv. The resistance on the rear fluctuated from 30k ohms to 60kohms to Overload. This was checked while the car was running.

The front sensor was the the same with the millivolts as the rear, fluctuated from 70mv to 100 mv. The resistance while the car was running was 15kohms to 50kohms but was going overload alot more than the rear.

I turned the car off and the resistance on both sensors were around 99k ohms.

This has me puzzled. Any opinions are appriciated. I have videos of the readings if anyone is interested in seeing them.
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More

Anybody??
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More

Quote Originally Posted by 1slowbusa View Post
    did you happen to figure anything out?
    Nope I have tried new wired new sensor etc same as you and nothing seems to work.

So what is your plan now? I think tthis week i am going to take the intake off again and start from the beginning. Just look at everything very slowly and see if i can find something that looks strange. I will keep you updated. If you find anything please keep me updated.
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More

I replaced both knock sensors again. So i have replaced everything and the knock sensors twice.

I have attached a snap shot of the code I am getting. If anyone has any opinion on what i can do to fix this issue, please let me know. I torqued the sensors to 15 feet pounds.

Could the tune be causing this, I dont think it can but not quite sure???
    Last edited by 1slowbusa; 11-10-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More

I wonder if the knock sensor sensitivity needs adjusted. I have not tried this but maybe someone that has messed with it can chime in. I would like to be able to use my knock sensors instead of having them turned off.

Tuner
    are they the correct knock sensors for the engine? Ls1 for LS1, LS2/LS3 style for LS2/LS3? You may need to change their sensitivity in the tune.
    Jason
    01 Camaro Z28 LS3 525hp Built 4l60e
    74 Camaro Z28 LT 355 fully forged roller with t56 4.56 gears

Tuner
    i increased my burst knock value to 1 this helped a bit also sprayed carb cleaner in the connectors at the sensors

Tuner
    Post your tune and a Log/config of the failure, also showing knock. Also what part number knock sensors you have.

So i replaced the knock sensors and the harness and the wire from the PCM to the harness, even put new pins in the PCM connector that I got from the GM dealer. Oh and by the way, i replaced the PCM as well.

I am still getting P0327 knock sensor circuit low voltage. I followed the instructions in the following site. http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic9031.php

I am out of ideas.

Does anyone know what the voltage is supose to be????? What is the minimum/maximum voltage.
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More

I read that the code will active when the voltage is below .500v. I disconnected the pigtail harness and read both the sensors. While reving the engine, the i seen the voltage go up to around .400v. Is this right?
    2000 Camaro SS
    Polluter V2 Cam
    AFR 205 Heads
    Fast 102 Intake
    & More