Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: waiting on my turbo, 3 bar sd

waiting on my turbo, 3 bar sd

This is a 01 c5 with a ls2 402 fast 102 102 tb 224 cam 60lb injectors 9:3 compression 243 heads with over sized valves. So I installed my 2.5 bar map sensor and flashed a 3bar os. I have been kinda messing around with the tune some trying to figure things out again before I install the turbo (the car has been down for months). I guess I want to post my tune just to verify I have everything set right so when I install the turbo it will much easier to tune. Car is running ok right now I know some of my tables are prob wrong just wanted someone to catch the shi# I messed up.

Attachment 36032
    Last edited by ghost-1; 09-03-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Tuner
    Knock your PE Enable TPS down. Utilize your Boost Enrichment fueling. Spark maps are horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
    Knock your PE Enable TPS down. Utilize your Boost Enrichment fueling. Spark maps are horrid.
    yeah this is actually a different tune I had to use because I couldnt convert the other to the 3 bar. I figured some stuff was going to be all jacked up. thanks man.

Its raining pretty bad here this is my drive home from work, I adjusted the ve table after I got home. Car is running ok but it is hunting a little at idle cruise and when stopping and is running ruff at low throttle around 1600 rpms
    Attachment 36044

Attachment 36045

Ok so I may get my turbo is the next century....... But here is a log and tune I have been slowly working on while I wait.

Attachment 36169

Attachment 36170

ok got my turbo installed took it out for a drive as soon as i started getting into boost it went into reduced engine power and set a p1514 code. I am wondering if anyone else has experenced this and could give me a hand.
    Attachment 36453

Attachment 36454

Attachment 36455
    Last edited by ghost-1; 10-01-2012 at 07:16 AM.

bump for someone smart

Max out the P1514 set criteria for now.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

the table is set to 4.1 already

Then you probably need to scale the tune. If you hit 2.1 g/cyl, it'll freak out. I haven't seen your log yet though, so I don't know for sure.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    I had this problem with my C5 also. Even just idling out of nowhere it would set the code and go into REP. I kept slowing increasing the table until eventually I just maxed it out and it would still do it with an n/a setup. One thing I noticed though was that it would only do it with the MAF turned off. With the MAF on it has never happened to me. The day I put the car back into Speed Density I start getting the REP mode again. Also, another strange thing is that when my car goes into REP the car shuts of and it won't turn back on until you clear the code. It's weird

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Then you probably need to scale the tune. If you hit 2.1 g/cyl, it'll freak out. I haven't seen your log yet though, so I don't know for sure.
    I am not at the house but I think the log showed 1.4? Max g/sec.

Ok so I am in my phone but I think its tripping the code due to the afr being in the 9's. I have scaled the ve table and pe table down also set to boost enrichment table to.3. So I guess I need to take a ton out of the ve table.

Installing my new expansion tank today so I can continue to try and get this fuel under control..

ok so I am still working this ve table but I cant get it to go past 4psi and 45%throttle before I go into to rep mode. I am at work so I cant post a log and tune untill lunch.

ok so I realized I was not logging the 3 bar map sensor. So I can get the car to 10psi at wot untill it goes into rep so its getting better. Here is a log of the last drive and the tune with the corrections made to the ve tableAttachment 36495

Attachment 36496.

Tuner
    Lower your PE enable TPS way down. You're hitting boost and still commanding stoich.

Utilize the Boost Enrichment feature in the SD operating system.

Lower your PE enable TPS way down. You're hitting boost and still commanding stoich.

Utilize the Boost Enrichment feature in the SD operating system.
    OK changed the tps enable to 30 and the boost enrich to 1.0. Problem I seem to be having is the car is running to rich and causing the reduced power mode. I have a 1-1 regulator also that may be adding to much fuel?

Tuner
    Setting Boost Enrichment to 1 won't do anything. The PCM will use the richer of the PE and BE tables.

If you have a vacuum/boost referenced regulator, you need to flat line your IFR table. Set the entire table to 72.92.

Setting Boost Enrichment to 1 won't do anything. The PCM will use the richer of the PE and BE tables.

If you have a vacuum/boost referenced regulator, you need to flat line your IFR table. Set the entire table to 72.92.
    Ok made the changes to the ifr table. I did a clean run all the way to 6k at 11psi with no rep mode afr is still in the 10's and the car stalled after letting off the throttle. I will post my log and tune during lunch today. Thanks again for the help.