Thread: E-Fan Setup for 411 PCM

Tuner in Training

E-Fan Setup for 411 PCM

Guys

I've been searching for a few weeks now about how to properly setup the 411 PCM for dual fans @ single speed, with little luck.

After playing around with the tune for several days I'm resorting to this thread.

I have my wiring harness pinned for both fan outputs as follows:

Fan 1 - Pin 41 (blue connector)
    Fan 2 - Pin 33 (red connector)

These two leads supply the ground for the coil on my individual relays.

Currently, the #1 fan works as commanded. I've changed the ECT's around and the fan reacts as it should. However, I cannot get fan #2 to come on. I have swapped the fans to opposing relays and the other fan will work, so I know this is not a mechanical issue, nor a mix-up on fan #2's wiring.

I have the following setup in HPT

Obviously the ECT setting for Fan #2 is not optimal, I just had it set low for testing purposes (not having to wait till engine gets hot to trigger it on)

If anyone can shed some light on something I might be missing thats preventing Fan #2 from being triggered I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by Booztd 3; 07-10-2012 at 01:46 PM.

on my 2001 s10 with the 0411 computer. the pin is not 41 its 42. so check to see if you are getting a ground signal when manually turning on the fans through the scanner. if thats correct, do you hear the a/c clicking repeatedly? if you do its because some of your settings are telling it to turn on and turn off at the same parameter ie: enable/disable by a/c pressure both at 500psi
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
    on my 2001 s10 with the 0411 computer. the pin is not 41 its 42. so check to see if you are getting a ground signal when manually turning on the fans through the scanner. if thats correct, do you hear the a/c clicking repeatedly? if you do its because some of your settings are telling it to turn on and turn off at the same parameter ie: enable/disable by a/c pressure both at 500psi
    i concur pin 42

as said log the status bit post the log

i had a very similar issue, post the log and we'll go from there
    stock 99' LS1 + powerglide
    gt42 a/r 1.06
    #80lb siemens @ 43.5psi rail pressure on E85
    return fuel system runing 1:1 FPR
    aeromotive A-1000 pump
    2 bar SD tune

Tuner in Training
    Pin 41/42 was a typo

My Fan #1 is setup on Pin 42 (Blue Connector (Green Wire) That fan works as it should

check to see if it's sending a ground when using the scanner, i think fan 2 is, "fan high"
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.

Tuner in Training
    I think you have Fan 1 and 2 bassackwards.

Jeff