Thread: how to pull timing for spray

Tuner in Training

how to pull timing for spray

Hello I am new to the Hp tuning software and my question is anyone can give me a walkthrough on how to pull 6 degrees of timing out so I can get back to spraying my carie would greatly appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by mtm864 View Post
    Hello I am new to the Hp tuning software and my question is anyone can give me a walkthrough on how to pull 6 degrees of timing out so I can get back to spraying my carie would greatly appreciate it
    Go to ENGINE - SPARK - Advance
    there are two tablets
    high octain
    and low octain i copy them so they are the same, but you can also run the low octain 2-3 degee lower

need to pull your degrees from there on the field you running it on the bottle

also check if you Spark correction tablets are alright
    the IAT and the ECT some times the PCM is adding to timing from them tablets have them just Zerod out on you operating Temp

you dont wante to take -6degrees and then the PCM is adding to it

do you have your tune , poste it up

also if you have a log from WOT it would be great
    you can also email it to me [email protected]

Good luck
    Baezi

Tuner in Training
    6 deg? How much are you spraying?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by fotoboy View Post
    6 deg? How much are you spraying?
    2 stage 200 but broekn up into 150 one stage and 50 one stage as sometimes i run just 1 kit so i make 2 different files one pulling 6 for the 150 and pulling 8 on the full 200

I set mine up where when I arm my nitrous it sends a signal to my IAT sensor and makes it max out at 185 degrees.
    Then on my IAT tables at 180 degrees and up I put whatever timing I want pulled. 6 degrees or whatever.

I do this so I can race with or with out nitrous. And have the timing I want.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    THIS IS JUST WHAT I'VE SEEN. Not to contradict, many ways to do this. Hook up NOS to coolant temp sensor in line with a variable resistor from an electronics store so when armed or armed/spraying, the PCM is tricked into thinking coolant temp is really low. (-10 to -40 degrees) Tune ALL your Spark Tables (PE and non PE) referencing those coolant temp areas to subtract whatever timing you want for running the NOS, normally those areas add timing. (retarding 6 to 8 degrees of timing was suggested) You also need to tune the Fuel Adder Tables that reference those temp areas as well for the exact and propper ammount of fuel enrichment during NOS usage. Those areas normally add fuel anyway, you will have to tweak them a little though. This way you don't have to sacrifice your N/A side of the tune just to run NOS, and can still use the spray without worry of too aggressive of a tune or incorrect AFR's with NOS on or off.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 04-10-2012 at 11:42 PM.

^^ this is alot like what was said with the IAT sensor. I like the coolant temp idea alot better. It looks like you would have more fuel control, although there is a PE multiplier for IAT in most pcms. I have tried spraying it straight past the Iat sensor but it seems to react slowly at times to retarding timing.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Yeah, most likely saw it from reading one of your previous posts. I'm too chicken, so I'd cut into my coolant sensor first. With all the various OS's I wouldn't be surprised at all that with some setups, you might be better off going one way or the other. Worth testing.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinmofo View Post
    I set mine up where when I arm my nitrous it sends a signal to my IAT sensor and makes it max out at 185 degrees.
    Then on my IAT tables at 180 degrees and up I put whatever timing I want pulled. 6 degrees or whatever.

I do this so I can race with or with out nitrous. And have the timing I want.
    how do i get to that table and what are you using to send the signal?

Ground Pin53 on the Red connector and go into the tune and max out the "TCS Max Time" and enter the amount of timing you want pulled in both of the "retard vs RPM" tables. When you ground Pin53 it will pull the amount of timing in that table at that specific RPM. You can log this timing retard by using the Torque Management Advance PID in the scanner. I alway's like to test the feature prior to using it.

The IAT trick will cause you headaches if you are running SD. IAT is a vital sensor to the GMVE and tricking it to some value on one extreme of the spectrum is only going to cause the engine fueling to go nuts. Artificial high IAT means the injectors will fire LESS fuel because the PCM sees a less dense aircharge. Artificial low IAT means the injectors will fire MORE fuel because it thinks it's freezing outside and has a much denser air charge. I personally prefer to let the IAT do it's thing and use this traction control method!

I believe currently this feature is only available on the latest 2002 *156 OS. I believe the parameters will be added to other OS's as the guy's at HPT has time to add to the older stuff.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Ground Pin53 on the Red connector and go into the tune and max out the "TCS Max Time" and enter the amount of timing you want pulled in both of the "retard vs RPM" tables. When you ground Pin53 it will pull the amount of timing in that table at that specific RPM. You can log this timing retard by using the Torque Management Advance PID in the scanner. I alway's like to test the feature prior to using it.

The IAT trick will cause you headaches if you are running SD. IAT is a vital sensor to the GMVE and tricking it to some value on one extreme of the spectrum is only going to cause the engine fueling to go nuts. Artificial high IAT means the injectors will fire LESS fuel because the PCM sees a less dense aircharge. Artificial low IAT means the injectors will fire MORE fuel because it thinks it's freezing outside and has a much denser air charge. I personally prefer to let the IAT do it's thing and use this traction control method!

I believe currently this feature is only available on the latest 2002 *156 OS. I believe the parameters will be added to other OS's as the guy's at HPT has time to add to the older stuff.
    where is the tcs max time located?? ive chaged both rpm vs retard tables to pull 6 degrees and would i have to run with tcs on or would it matter if i ran it off like normal? of course after i ground pin 53 and is it ok to leave it grouded all the time but dont change the values on the all motor tune

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post

Was this feature ever added to the 2000 OS? If I flash to a 2002 156 OS, won't I have to waste 2 new credits to use HP tuners pro? If so, any reimbursement options on this for credits if this feature still hasn't been added?

Tuner in Training
    Was this feature ever added to the 2000 OS