Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to tuning and could use some pointers

okay cool. i looked for the link for a bit before i posted because thats how i downloaded it too, but i couldnt find it and i thought they probably deleted it. sorry for the misinformation. how do you like your k&n intake btw? im torn between getting that or zzps 3 inch..

If you can get the on from zzp I would get that one, but they both work just as good lol.

considering zzps is cheaper, thats probably what ill go with if i have some money burning a hole in my pocket. the stock intake seems pretty efficient as is though. (w/o the paper filter)

The stock box they say is best to use but the other to make supercharger sounds lol.

another quick question. ive read that fuel trims should be disabled during pe. is that correct? does that mean that they wont show up on the scanner too? or is just that the pcm doesnt use them to correct the afr. because on my scan, my ltft's + stft's histo still shows values for when im in pe. is there any way to filter it out when i do start tuning by the fuel trims??

Well are they changing during the pull or holding steady? If steady that means you need to dial in the fyel trims more. If they are changing your not in pe mode.

Tuner in Training
    Ok take two for the log. This one is with your config laser.
    '07 Saturn Ion Redline
    2.9" Pulley//K&N Typhoon Intake//Full 3" Catless Exhaust// Stage III FM H/E// 60# Injectors

251WHP//233TQ

I will take a look at it in few hours about to watch a movie waiting for them to clean theater now.

okay i understand. the numbers will be there, but they dont matter. whats the best way to filter these numbers out? on the custom pid, can you filter it to where it does not read when you go in pe?

i appreciate you helping me out with this man
    Last edited by GM COBALT SC SS; 03-24-2012 at 09:44 PM.

It will affect your pe tuning if the fuel trims are showing way off when it goes to pe. Be truthful I am not best at making filters so I just got to a point I figured out to filter it out in my head lol.

okay i see. well like i said man, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyperpunk View Post
    Ok take two for the log. This one is with your config laser.
    You need to do some adjusting on those fuel trims. Just to let you know to help get the idle fuel trims set up closer try not to slow down in gear or down shifting. That will make the bottom of the maf look further off then it really is. If you have a heard time doing that you may want to disable decel to help out or make a filter to filter it out. Can't really help to much on the filter cause like said before I am not good at that lol.