Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues with lsj

Advanced Tuner
    Post the tune, we will help, and if there is anything wrong we will give pointers.

And on WB error, you have pro or standard hpt?

Standard

Advanced Tuner
    Ah. Ok its a little harder to log. Car owner has to connect the 0-5v output wire to the AC pressure signal switch, then you have to make a custom PID and add more to your config table display...

Are you atleast looking at the WB when he goes WOT to see if its close to what you are commanding?

Yes I'm watching it. The WOT fueling is actually almost perfect where I want it to be.

Advanced Tuner
    Well WOT its about 5% lean since the LTFT is adding about 5%.

Anywho I would at least post the tune so we can help on the cruising AFR issue.

I will post it as soon as I get to the laptop. Probably later tonight, I'll try and get a log with it.

When I take our logs tonight, should I disable everything?

I got 3 logs, the temp changed from 40* to 32* from time of start to finish. It still runs a little rich here and there, like an occasional 13.9 afr while cruising. Idle is still rich, high 13's low 14's, occasionally 12's. WOT fueling is high 11's throughout.

I'm thinking I need to adjust the short pulse adder maybe?

I forgot to mention this earlier, it is misfiring like crazy. What is causing all these misfires? Its been doing it since we first started, before I flashed anything to it.

Advanced Tuner
    I am going to look at it now... misifire probably from the 60's.

Make sure plugs are good and gapped right.

plugs are a month old and gapped to .032, I think.

Advanced Tuner
    Alright, on the tune at first glance I changed this (someone chime in if they disagree or I missed something):

Idle - Upped to try to stop misfire.

PE Delay RPM - 2500rpm

Hot Enable TPS - put all at say 75%, dont put 0% from 2500 up. Driveability will suffer a bit.

PE EQ Ratio - Do not do it like you have it. Also, you are commanding ~12.7 and seeing 11.x which means the MAF needs tuned a bit. Tuning the MAF blind is difficult which is why PRO or connecting the WB 0-5v reference to something you can log will help a lot. I generally would not show a PE curve like this but the curve is a little messed because of what I said above.

PE enrichment rate - put to 2.0 if its just gas/E85. Get that fueled as quick as possible.

Piston Protection - I generally put the RPM just passed the redline, just for peace of mind if it happens to go over from inertia.

Coastdown - Fixed for better driveabilty

Spark Correction - 0'd

IAT Spark - Corrected

ECT Spark - Corrected

Cat Lightoff - 0'd

Knock Decay Rate - Increased
    Last edited by HNRClothing; 02-21-2012 at 09:59 AM.

All timing was untouched. I didn't even get to do timing yet. I wanted to get the fueling down first. The PE EQ Ratio I was not going to leave like that but we didn't have much time so I just made a quick adjustment.

The next nice day I will make these changes and post what happens. Thanks man!

Advanced Tuner
    OK makes sense now. Well on the timing just decrease what I have for the high and low by 5 or more degreees throughout the whole map. Then when its time to change that add it back. Typically stage 2 likes these timing numbers.

Yah that EQ was horrible, haha sorry. Also I would correctly put the EQ at the top end to 1.27 to 1.24 (somewhere in that range) and tune the maf at the top end.

Also that is his exact tune, so you can just load that with whatever tweaks you want to make to it. I would highly suggest keeping the PE tables how I have them, except for the EQ ratio change as stated above. Having him go into PE at 0.01 psi at basically any RPM is going to make the car drive crappy and get less gas mileage.
    Last edited by HNRClothing; 02-21-2012 at 10:25 AM.

So that would explain the occassional rich spots while we were driving?

Advanced Tuner
    yes... that makes sense now. I put the WOT PE enable (Hot Enable TPS) to 50% if you want to up it to all of it at 75% go ahead. Just depends on the driver.

The min pulse width needs to be reduced. Its keeping the injectors from going to low enough for idle. Also that persons intercooler pump looks like its broken. The iat1 is in the 40s and iat2 is over 100.

IAT1 is about 80 and IAT2 is around 120 cruising. When WOT it goes to 140, which I think is decent for a 2.8 pulley and no cooling mods?

Advanced Tuner
    60 degrees over IAT1, hmmm. I would check the pump just in case. Since the tune has it turning on right away just turn the key and listen for a humming at the front of the car and look at the filler neck for moving liquid.

I didnt even look at the pulse width, what was it? What do you suggest laser?