Thread: 393 lean idle problem

Tuner in Training

393 lean idle problem

i have a ls1 stroked to a 393 and i'm having a had time tuning this beast ...

it starts and than runs lean 17 +

No matter what i do i cant get it to richen up at all any help would be great

i have attached the tune and log ..

the tune is just the start up one and will need alot of work i no ...but for now im just looking for input to work out the idle problem im having

Tuner in Training
    I am having a similar problem. The car fires up great when cold but quickly goes lean as soon as there it warms up or if it has run for a few seconds. I'm SD only at the moment and not making any progress with the issue.

What version software are you using? I have 2.22.3152.18236 and can't open your tune.

I can't say I agree with your fueling or spark tables. Perhaps try forcing open loop speed density for the meantime while you dial in your fueling. Start with a 6.0L tune for the VE table since that's the closest engine to your displacement, then go from there. Your VE table is horrendous.
    -Patrick
    Click for >>Idle Tuning Guide

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up The Fix

Ok guys

i had to go back to basics and do a idle tune and start from there ...i have the car idling perfect and just about to work on to the VE table and spark tuning

idle

i drop the base down to 5 (60-140c) and worked up bye .5 till i got where i needed it

injector data

was a pain but now i have it pretty close to perfect