Thread: cmvc delete bad results bad tune

Potential Tuner

cmvc delete bad results bad tune

I have a BBK throttle body with the top of the shaft removed for more flow , BBK cold air ,Ford racing shorty headers, steeda underdrive pulleys, offroad x pipe , flowmaster one chambers and I tried following the directions to get the charge motion control plates deleted but had a bad experience I need help before I have to take the car to a shop. Come to find out when you take those throttle bodies apart they are very sensitive to how the get put back together or they through codes like " stuck open or stuck closed or force shut down" so I got the car to run continuously now but it idles high 1000 when you come to a stop it idles 1500 for a min, when you go into second it attempts to take off for a sec, the throttle hangs way to long and between shifts it revs higher like your foots still on the pedal , and also when you delete those plates do you want to leave the sensor connected or remove it to I left mine plugged up

Potential Tuner
    I'm trying to drive home Friday for Christmas tis the season to be jolly please help

for starters you need to tune these tables:

idle airflow (drive)
    idle airflow (p/n)
    Idle dashpot minimum
    idle dashpot preposition

if you are unable to log the proper channels and understand what you are looking for, then you may want to consult a tuner in your area. or put the plates back on and return to a stock tune.

but this may not be all of the solution, the bbk throttle body probably needs tuning as well.
    Last edited by Fox95; 12-19-2011 at 04:11 AM.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Potential Tuner
    got it figured out the bbk throttle body was getting hug up on something took it back apart and smoothed all the edges re adjusted the tps voltage and let a more experienced tuner at a dyno shop straighten it out. i've tried uploading histrograms better for ford but i'm kinda lost as to how they are installed and used on this program. its so much easier using hptuners on my ls1 than the mustang