Thread: need help on 3.5L I-5 Canyon

need help on 3.5L I-5 Canyon

finally got my HPT working. after several trys to get it working on my newer Win7 64bit laptop, unsucsessfuly, i resorted to pulling my old laptop out. its got a bad harddrive or something and was only able to get into WinVista thru SafeMode. but, thankfully, HPT works under SafeMode and is able to hook upto and read/scan the car and truck. so i went in and played with some settings to try and remove TqM. i have a copy of the stock tune if i need to go backwards. heres what i did, (if i missed or did wrongly, plz chime in)

engine
    - TqM
    ****SparkRetard vrs Tq Reduction
    ~~~~~ set whole table to zero
    ****ETC Limits
    ~~~~~ set whole table to 100%
    ****TCS Enable ECT
    ~~~~~ set to max of 493F
    ****Max Tq Brake TqM (Brake Tq limit)
    ~~~~~ left at preset max of 6042ft lb

i also set my tire size to 31" tires with it set to "Auto Scale Trans Table - YES"

now, there is also a spot for TgM under transmission, but it talks about Tq Reduction and Duration during Trans Abuse Mode. and Tq Reduction during normal/performance and downshifting. and "diff score Tq reduction master enable" which was set defult to "disable". nothing under this was changed.

now, the test results...

loaded the new tune, and started the truck with no problem. drove the truck the to the end of our development and down the start of a sand trail. attempted to powerbrake the truck, and was able to get the tires spinning, but only to a limit of about 2500rpm. once i got the truck back on pavement, and tryed again, truck went to 2500rpm, but wasnt able to break the tires loose.

did i miss something? even tho i've had HTP for a long time, still new to tuning.
    Nick
    1997 Grand Am 2.4L. (gaownersclub.com)
    2005 GMC Canyon Z71 4x4 3.5L (355Naton.net)
    2009 Harley-Davidson XL883C (XLForum.net)

Advanced Tuner
    do you have a traction control button to turn it off?
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

z71 4x4, no traction control.
    Nick

Advanced Tuner
    Weird. My dad's z71 colorado could do brake stands when it was stock with the traction control on.

I didnt touch this table, cant remember what it does off the top of my head
    ****TCS Enable ECT
    ~~~~~ set to max of 493F

Did you turn off the a/c torque reduction? The tune on my dads truck now has only the 4wd torque reduction and I didnt disable traction control.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

i have a 4x4 z71, therefore no traction control. and i didnt mess with ac stuff, cuz in s/e Ga, it still gets pretty warm this time of year.

"TCS Enable ECT: Above this coolant temp torque reducyion for TCS will be allowed"
    thats the discribtion for that, as giving on HTP
    Nick

Advanced Tuner
    4x4 z71 can/does have traction control. My dads does, its not very effective.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!