Thread: how to build inital VE table for custom e38 os

Tuner in Training

how to build inital VE table for custom e38 os

how do i get values for the inital ve table when i first go to the 2bar os?

What kind of car and engine do you have?

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Tuner in Training
    its an 08 g8 gt with a built 434ci ls3 stroker

Tuner in Training
    even a base table for a stock tune to start off of would be great.

Tuner in Training
    For??? the stock tune on these cars doesnt have a VE table. Is there a way to convert the equations from my current tune to a ve table for the inital setup of the new custom OS? im starting to see this is one area where efilive has it a bit better than we do.

Yes, you can convert the stock coefficients into a table using EQ_VE. Or, just use the MAF to build a base table. How you ask? I'll let you think about it. It is actually really easy.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    Just use the EQ-VE tool...and then you don't even need to bother with the enhanced OS...you can just use that tool to adjust the constants and dial it in.

The only real use for the enhanced OS, due to that tool working so nicely, is the extended fan table.

Extended MAF table (early E38), boost enrichment, boost fuel cut off, much quicker VE adjustments...

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    dstek did i mention im a NEW tuner lol. my head already hurts i dont need to think about much lol. I think the fan table alone is worth it. im hoping to keep the water around 180-185 using a 160 thermo and properly tuned fan tables

Tuner in Training
    Also i got a table in EQ<>VE however the axis dont match up to the ones in HPTuners, i know somehow those are tuneable but im unsure how to limit them to the range i need. im an NA car so 105kpa is all i need and i dont spin the thing above 7200. Also what all do i need to convert or setup to get the car running? just the inital VE table or is there anything else?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Just use the EQ-VE tool...and then you don't even need to bother with the enhanced OS...you can just use that tool to adjust the constants and dial it in.

The only real use for the enhanced OS, due to that tool working so nicely, is the extended fan table.
    how i can use the EQ-VE tools ?? i am new here

In the EQ_VE tool before you generate your VE from your coefficients click on the VE Table button and then use the drop down menu to edit the axis. I suggest keeping the axis something simple like 5kPa increments and 200rpm or 250rpm increments. Then go to HPTuners and open up one of the VE tables and click on the label of the axis (Engine Speed, MAP). The labels should be underlined meaning if you click them you can edit the breakpoints on that axis. Now use the same increments you just made in the EQ_VE tool so that both your HPTuners VE and EQ_VE will match up. You will need to close the VE table and re-open it in HPTuners for the changes to the axis to take affect. Now generate your VE in the EQ_VE tool and copy and paste the values into your HPTuners VE table.

Happy Tuning!
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    Where do I find this EQ_VE tool ? I can't seem to find it ? Thanks in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaTuner View Post
    Where do I find this EQ_VE tool ? I can't seem to find it ? Thanks in advance..
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t-VE-Version-4

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.