Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 80lb lsj need help now!

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Omega are the 80lb injector tables in the excel for running e because we can change everything with inj values and get no where but if I swap them for before I can run 14.7 but she don't idle well when I do that
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    Omega are the 80lb injector tables in the excel for running e because we can change everything with inj values and get no where but if I swap them for before I can run 14.7 but she don't idle well when I do that
    The injector values and offsets should have no bearing on what fuel is being ran. If anything, it should run better on ethanol, considering that more volume is required.
    As others have mentioned, the only known fix to running big injectors on a small motor, is to zero the short pulse adder table and short pulse limit.
    As well, remember that you can't run a low idle like with 60's.
    Tyler

Ive gotten cars with 80s to idle at 800 but thats def the lowest.

I gotcha, I've zeroed out those tables and have plugged in the injector values. I also have my idle at 950. I'll see what happens here in a few. Would adjusting the ETC scalar help as well? Last question, for the Idle spark advance tables, mines at 15 in the whole table, what would be a recommended direction to go?

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

*The most powerful designs are always the result of a continuous process of simplification and refinement.*

on problem at a time man. fix the afr problem first

well i have the afr floating around 14.7, just goes lean for a moment then comes back down. You gonna be at the meet tonight?

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

*The most powerful designs are always the result of a continuous process of simplification and refinement.*

Tuner in Training
    did you ever figure this out? I am running rich also with 80s and my ltft are maxes at -20.3 also.

If the multiplier table is say 1.8, and the flow rate vs map is 63.5 at max pressure, would i decrease the multiplier and paste in a new flow rate table to tell the car i'm using bigger injectors? I'm just trying to interpret these settings. Thanks

the injector rate is capped in the ecm to 63.5 lb.min so if your max flow for your injectors fall under that your multiplier would be 1.
    now for injectors that flow over the max value you use a new multiplier9 your injector for the math sake is a perfect 80lb.min.)
    so you take the new injector flow rate and dived all of them by a make shift multiplier number. new inj./rate modifier(make one up, for this ill put ex of 1.2)
    80/1.2=66.6666667 that is your new injector flow rate number and then you use your modifier to tell it what its actual flow rate really is. but notice the new flow is still not under 63/5lb/min. so you up the flow rate modifier until it is. 80/1.3=61.5384lb/min

so basically your doing reverse math to tell fill teh chart out in the editor....then the computer does the math to figure out its actual flow again.

so now imagine your car is running and it hits the 61.5384lb/min cell and it sees it has a flow rate modifier of 1.3.......... the computer simply multipies the two together to acheive injector actual flow rate.....61.5384*1.3=80lb/min

the multiplier gives you a way around the 63.5 lb/min limit by multiplying the flow rate in a form of a percentage. 1.1= +10% 1.3=+30% and so on.

this is why getting flow matched injectors is a big deal......flow matching gives you two things.....1) injectors that are a matched set flowing extremely similar to one another and 2) gives you injector flow rating numbers for those injectors at a given psi which can be performed to match ones actual fuel rail pressure they will be running
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 09-25-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Tuner in Training
    ok thanks, i need to look into this some more.

Now it shouldnt matter then if you use a bigger multiplier, because the car should calculate the injector size regardless.

I did notice my injector tables are different from the spreadsheet too, they seem higher, which wouldnt that make my car run richer? (offset vs volts vs map table)

incorrect.....the multiplier and the actual flow rate are used to gether to give actual flow. increasing the multiplier alone tells the ecu you have bigger injectors

Tuner in Training
    right i was saying as long as they multiply out(increase one, decrease the other), they should be the same. I was just curious because the table from the spreadsheet from my forums (omega's table) gives me different numbers than what ZZP programmed

thats y u need what you have to be injector flowed. you need those flow numbers to get the perfect multiplier and flow chart for what you have.

Potential Tuner
    Can I use the OMEGA spreadsheet for a LSJ-T running on 80 injectors? Also when i install the BRFPS from zzp do i need to change again or those will work?

two completely different set of data...short answer no.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry to open up an old thread but I am trying to get my car to idle. I copied and pasted Omega's table for 80's and my car still won't idle. 2016-07-03.png When I copy and paste the tables with hptuners 3.2 the table changes the numbers and won't let me change them. I am a total noob to this and would appreciate any help I could get. Would it just be easier to put my lsj tb back on? I have the LS4 on now. Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Nevermind played with the numbers and got her idling good today